Author Topic: Frank Ripley Pearson born 1931  (Read 604 times)

Offline frian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frank Ripley Pearson born 1931
« on: Sunday 19 November 17 16:08 GMT (UK) »
I found this person on the 1939 Register in Arnside staying with Lucy and George Dickinson.  It looks as though he was an evacuee.  But my question is this:  Lucy Dickinson was nee Pearson (born Arnside 1903) so is this young man one of her Pearson relatives?  I have not found him in researching the Pearsons of Storth, Arnside, Milnthorpe etc from the 18th century onwards.  All I can say is that his mother was called Kershaw (from freeBMD) - but that doesn't help me either.  Does anyone know of him?
Any help would be appreciated
Ian

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson born 1931
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 November 17 16:31 GMT (UK) »
All I can say is that his mother was called Kershaw (from freeBMD) - but that doesn't help me either

Have you looked for a Pearson/Kershaw marriage on freebmd to establish his fathers christian name?

That info may help provide a connection to the Pearson family you are researching

EDIT - freebmd shows a possible marriage for him in 1951

There is no death listed for this person and if his 1939 entry is still closed you need to remove his name from your post as RC has a no living persons policy

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Ripley Pearson born 1931
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 November 17 16:59 GMT (UK) »
The fact that he's been found in the 1939 Register suggests he must be deceased.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 November 17 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to you all.  Yes, the fact that his entry appears shows the the 1939 Register folk think he is deceased.
I've gone back and found several Pearson - Kershaw marriages before 1931.  There's an interesting one in 1927 for Thomas A Pearson and Dorothy Kershaw in Birmingham South. 
Lucy Dickinson nee Pearson had a brother called Thomas Alfred Pearson, and although I definitely have a marriage for him in the Kendal district in 1935, I was told by a friend (who knew Arnside people well), that this was his second marriage and that he had been divorced.  So I am wondering if this could be TAP's son from his first marriage and now living with his Aunt Lucy.  (Also there's a Lucy B Pearson born Kendal district 1927 from this Pearson - Kershaw marriage - haven't located her yet).  No definite proof, but a possibility.
Ian

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 November 17 17:17 GMT (UK) »
He can be found on electoral register c 2004  ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 19 November 17 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to you all.  Yes, the fact that his entry appears shows the the 1939 Register folk think he is deceased.
I've gone back and found several Pearson - Kershaw marriages before 1931.  There's an interesting one in 1927 for Thomas A Pearson and Dorothy Kershaw in Birmingham South. 
Lucy Dickinson nee Pearson had a brother called Thomas Alfred Pearson, and although I definitely have a marriage for him in the Kendal district in 1935, I was told by a friend (who knew Arnside people well), that this was his second marriage and that he had been divorced.  So I am wondering if this could be TAP's son from his first marriage and now living with his Aunt Lucy.

Suggested first marriage: Thomas A Pearson to Dorothy Kershaw, Mar qtr 1927 Birmingham?
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 19 November 17 17:33 GMT (UK) »
There is a death of a Dorothy L Pearson aged 31 in Kendal, Jun qtr 1931.

This is the same quarter as Frank's birth - perhaps Thomas was widowed rather than divorced?