Author Topic: Amazon TV - can someone please explain to me how it works etc?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon TV - can someone please explain to me how it works etc?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 November 17 17:23 GMT (UK) »
I found my amazon fire stick easier to set up as part had been done for me when I bought mine through amazon.co.uk , my brother bought his from somewhere like pc world and found it harder.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 November 17 17:43 GMT (UK) »
I have a Firestick that I bought direct from Amazon too, I agree with weste that it's easier to set up if you buy it that way. Jillruss, you might get a good deal on one this week with the Black Friday deals!
The HDMI port is just a rectangular slot like the ones on the side of a laptop where you plug things in (not the charger).

I don't use my Firestick for the Amazon TV, what I wanted it for is the catchup services, you can get BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 and watch the programmes you missed.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Christine53 - you have excellent taste! The Americans is one of my all time faves as well. I think my all time, all time fave would have to be The West Wing - and I suppose, these days, that would probably have been on Amazon as well!

What type of numbers are we talking to pay for the 'ways to watch' items? I should imagine that will be applied to the tennis when it arrives.

Thanks for the head up about buying the firestick from Amazon, though I won't be buying anything just yet. As you may have gathered, I'm one of those people who has to look into everything first before I dive in. I hate not knowing what I'm getting into. And, I have a whole year to sort it out in my mind and then go for it.

Thanks,
Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.