Author Topic: Dewar  (Read 622 times)

Offline Falkyrn

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: Dewar
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 November 17 20:24 GMT (UK) »
I was hoping admin could redirect this to Lanark.  They had a son William born in 1849 a daughter ellen born in 1846 and a son George born in 1843.  The Mother Mary's Tombstone has Mary R. Dewar.  I have since found baptismal records for Carluke Lanark Scotland for George and William with the right years and the mother is Mary Russel/l with father John Dewar.  The US Census has that they immigrated in 1849. and lists the three oldest children as born in Scotland.  I am looking for confirmation I have the right family so I can try to find John and Mary's parents.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Dewar who married Mary Russel was the son of George Dewar and Mary Gold - John was my great x3 uncle

John and Mary had 4 children born in Scotland -a child named John was born in December 1847 and died in Feb 1848.

Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.