Author Topic: Tweedie  (Read 416 times)

Offline Andro93

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tweedie
« on: Monday 20 November 17 19:52 GMT (UK) »
I am descended directly from Thomas Tweedie born 1733/4, who married Janet Hogg and lived in Lasswade, dying in 1795. Does anyone know where he was born? I am certain that all the Tweedies are connected with the famous Tweedies of Drummelzier Castle!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline themonkeymonkey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tweedie
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 December 17 13:54 GMT (UK) »
There is a Thomas Tweedie christened 30th September 1733 at Temple, Midlothian, parents Peter Tweedie and Jean Scouller but no birthdate.
Manson, Wilson, Copland, Craighead, Youngson, Ross, Thomson, Smith, Horn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Andro93

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 December 17 00:34 GMT (UK) »
themonkeymonkey   Thanks for your reply. I know that we are not descended from Peter Tweedie of Temple, because of the naming patterns. We must be descended from the Tweedies of Drumelzier somehow!!

Offline themonkeymonkey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 December 17 13:21 GMT (UK) »
http://www.scottish-monumental-inscriptions.com/

Have you tried contacting the above to see if they have a photo of grave or memorial?  Thomas Tweedie born 1734 died 1795 Lasswade Church- Cemetery.  Good luck.
Manson, Wilson, Copland, Craighead, Youngson, Ross, Thomson, Smith, Horn