Author Topic: Henry Reeve 1695  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Briagh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Reeve 1695
« on: Tuesday 21 November 17 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Henry Reeve c1695 married AnnTompkins c 1695 are  at the top of Reeves research. they had had a son Richard Reeve 1618-1683 but as there are a lot of Richard Reeve's he is difficult to follow. I suspect that this is where we added the S to reeve but it is difficult to find anything to confirm this. The Reeves family came from Ireland to Launton Oxfordshire and spread across to norfolk. I wonder if the launton to Cambridge railway line facilitated this. The S carried on for a hundred years or so but was lost around 1719 When Henry Reeve was born to William Reeves c 1725 and Mary Botterill. This might have been due to the Norfolk accent but the reapperance of the S haunts me. Does anyone know the story please?.
Adams Hunt Sheffield Neath,  Sutton in Ashfield
Jones Madeley, Dawley Shropshire Doncaster Yorks
Jenks Shropshire
Reeves Launton Oxon Saltburn Cleveland Doncaster Yorks
Roughton March Cambs Saltburn Cleveland

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Reeve 1695
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Hard to follow Henry Reeve c 1695 had a son Richard 1613-1683?

Offline Briagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Reeve 1695
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Yes it seems so but cant move on from him. it is tempting to jump a generation. He married Ann Tompkins but it all seems to end there! There is a plethora of attempts recorded i.e. Henn 1670 , Henny? and Hennery 1688-1739 all oxfordshire but where they fit on is anyones guess!. Sadly I have poor eyesight and concentration so I get muddled easily. The line seems to carry on through Norfolk and Suffolk into London where my heart sinks!. I wish I could afford a professional team to sort them all out. I know one line ended up in March Cambs (my great grandparents) but it is the history from ireland to launton in oxfordshire that intrigues me. An early ancestor may have been William Reeves a Bishop of Cork but the Reeves left Ireland. Those records were destroyed in a fire in Launton oxon. To be honest I find it hard to work out which direction I am working in!. Thank you for your interest.  Briagh
Adams Hunt Sheffield Neath,  Sutton in Ashfield
Jones Madeley, Dawley Shropshire Doncaster Yorks
Jenks Shropshire
Reeves Launton Oxon Saltburn Cleveland Doncaster Yorks
Roughton March Cambs Saltburn Cleveland