Author Topic: KENNEDY  (Read 161 times)

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
  • My grandad Harry Reynolds
    • View Profile
KENNEDY
« on: Tuesday 21 November 17 09:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am looking for a John Kennedy and an Ellen Fogarty, I have no dates for them but they had a son Patrick Kennedy born 1857 in Kilkenny Ireland. If possible I would like their marriage date and if there were more children. Patrick later moved to Yorkshire
Thank you
JACKSON OF SUFFOLK, REYNOLDS OF CAMBRIDGE, PILCHER OF KENT, GOSTICK OF BEDFORDSHIRE AND LINCS, UNWIN OF ESSEX AND CAMBRIDGE, PRIME OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARD OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WOLFE OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Maggsie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KENNEDY
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
He was born in 1861.
I will send the details via PM.
Maggsie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 09:34 GMT (UK) »
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0993 and other Parishes via map IF they were RC

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

You donít say where they moved to in Yorkshire so this is just speculation.
1901 census shows Patrick Kennedy b 1857 Kilkenny in Leeds with wife, Annie.
 Is this your man?

There are several children, the older ones show as born in Kilkenny.

The various children show mother as Dunphy and all fit with a marriage in 1874 - Patrick Kennedy and Anne Dunphy and births in Kilkenny plus Patrickís occupation of Tailor.

This would perhaps not fit with the birth which Maggsie has sent by pm and even if it were 1857, it is still young for a marriage in 1874.

You may already have all that information and I wonít post any links yet for that reason or that I may have the wrong family.

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk