Author Topic: Henry John LEE 1879 to 1901 now where are you?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Bob Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Henry John LEE 1879 to 1901 now where are you?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Parents of Henry John were John and Julia Lee so checking back on the census have the following children listed

Alfred 1876
Louisa 1873
Edwin Thomas 1869
Elizabeth Harriet 1862
Minnie Florence 1882
Bertie
Edmund
Thomas William 1885
Henry John 1879

That's only 9 so another 4 to find even before going through to see which have died.

Mothers maiden name Pickering.
Correct except that "Bertie" is John LEE the head's grandson and Elizabeth Harriet's the married daughter's son (someone else made the same mistake on their tree on Ancestry) Elizabeth and her son's surname is SAWYER. Also Edmund and Edwin LEE are one and the same person, so that brings the count back to 7 + 6 as per the 1911 census return. Elizabeth Harriet was the eldest and the youngest Thomas William or otherwise known as plain William on the 1911 of the survivors. Via the GRO index I found other LEE with PICKERING mother births from where I knew the family were living. There are a few questionable ones in the London area who don't appear in the following family census so I am thinking another LEE/PICKERING family somewhere?

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Ah thanks Bertie fooled me as he was down on census as a son of John and Julia rather than a grandson.

Yes I did wonder if Edwin and Edmund were the same person. 

There could be another Lee/Pickering family around but I think Julia is likely to be yours as mother was Julia.  She may have died young between census as may a couple of the others.

Might be easier to see who has survived, don't want to over complicate things!

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Bob Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Ah thanks Bertie fooled me as he was down on census as a son of John and Julia rather than a grandson.

Yes I did wonder if Edwin and Edmund were the same person. 

There could be another Lee/Pickering family around but I think Julia is likely to be yours as mother was Julia.  She may have died young between census as may a couple of the others.

Might be easier to see who has survived, don't want to over complicate things!

Julia LEE(pickering) died at Edmonton in 1916 and I think John LEE died in 1921 they were not on the electoral rolls for 1918 at the Gordon Road address.
 Thomas was not on either death cert as informant. Full name for the mother of Henry was Elizabeth Julia LEE Pickering there was no other, she just went by Julia in later life,
 I noted there some LEE/PICKERING births on the GRO index in London but I didn't count them because of where I figured the family were living, ie a Lucy for example.
cheers
Bob