Poll

my grandad

my family
1 (100%)
my family
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: robert edward foreman  (Read 4995 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: robert edward foreman
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 February 18 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Information on the 1939 register and 1911 census point to Robert Edward Foreman being the son ( born 1905) of Robert Edward Foreman and Mary Ellen Fillingham who married in Marylebone in 1904. Mary is shown as a widow  in 1911 suggesting Robert Edward died 1905-1911 though can't find an obvious death.
Isobel
hi there person born in 1905 is that my great grandad it's just I'm lost and confused

If the Robert E Foreman born in 1905 is the one who later married Lydia Ingarfield  (in 1927)and was the father of the Robert E Foreman born in 1928 then he would be your great grandfather.
Isobel
thank you for your help. You may find this and bit funny but as my dad side of the family are from London and mum side of the family the hambridge walker and Byfield  Thompson lived and worked on the canal delivering coal  from Braunston Birmingham to Brentford and London I was wondering if there might of been any famous people in my family that I don't no about.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi I would like to find out if my great grandad Robert Edward foreman mother and father names and where they camed from and I would like to no if my great grandad Robert Edward foreman had any siblings as I can't find any on myheritage so if you can help me out I be very great full. Thank you

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 21:46 BST (UK) »
To start you off, ideally a cert for Florence/George 1948 marriage is needed to confirm her fathers name.

This is the GRO birth registration of the birthdate she gave on 1939 register

GILHAM, FLORENCE  AMY     mothers maiden name FILE     
GRO Reference: 1908  S Quarter in FULHAM  Volume 01A  Page 205   

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/indexes_search.asp Free to search, just register.

I then went to search a marriage for her parents on FreeBMD

Marriages Sep Q 1896  Same page 
FILE    Rose Mary        Kensington    1a   317
GILHAM    John Joseph R        Kensington    1a   317    

Possible census from familysearch 1911

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWLZ-HXL

Cas
I would love to find out my great Nan's mother and fathers names and where they camed from it will help my search as I'm stuck.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 29 June 18 20:34 BST (UK) »
Information on the 1939 register and 1911 census point to Robert Edward Foreman being the son ( born 1905) of Robert Edward Foreman and Mary Ellen Fillingham who married in Marylebone in 1904. Mary is shown as a widow  in 1911 suggesting Robert Edward died 1905-1911 though can't find an obvious death.
Isobel
hi there i put my nan and grandad year of marrage wrong it was 1949 at Ealing registry office
hi I need to find the birth and death date of Mary Ellen fillinhgham

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 30 June 18 14:05 BST (UK) »
hi I need to find the birth and death date of Mary Ellen fillinhgham
When you have purchased the birth certificate from 1905 and the marriage certificate from 1904, and have provided the transcription from those we can suggest which may be the correct records.

Not before.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 30 June 18 21:23 BST (UK) »
I agree that you really need to purchase the birth and marriage records to be sure, however if they are for your Robert Edward Foreman and his parents Robert Edward and Mary Ellen Fillingham then the following info may be relevant.
Mary Ellen’s mother is living with her in 1911. Using her first name there is a 1901 T Marylebone census entry for John Fillingham age 60 born Yorkshire, a Fitter and Turner, and wife Louisa age 54, born Whitechapel. A number of children including Mary age 17 ( wrongly transcribed as 19 on Ancestry)who was born Marylebone. In 1891 they are living in Marylebone - John is age 49 an Engine Fitter born Beverley, Yorkshire. Wife L E Fillingham is age 44 born Marylebone and among the children a daughter Mary Ellen, age 7 born Marylebone.
In 1881, still in Marylebone, John Fellingham is age 39, an Engineers Labourer. Louisa is age 34 born Scotland? ( think this is an error as every other census indicates she was born in London). There are eight children ranging from Herbert age 15 down to John 10 months.
I haven’t been able to find births for all the children of John and Louisa ( including Mary Ellen’s) but those I have found give mmn of Syme.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 01 July 18 00:24 BST (UK) »
Census records point to Louisa Fillingham nee Syme being born in London around 1847. There is a birth record for Louisa Elizabeth Sym mmn Douglass born in Bethnal Green in 1846. In 1851 a widowed Sarah Syme age 28 is in Whitechapel with daughter Louisa Syme age 4 and two unmarried Douglas sisters. By 1861 Sarah is shown as wife of Thomas Budd and is living in Marylebone with him and two Symes children - Sarah age 14 and James age 9 ( recorded as James Syme mmn Douglas in Dec quarter 1851). There is a  death in Bethnal Green Jun quarter 1850 of William Syme age 37 who may be husband of Sarah and father of Louisa. Pushing it to be father of James who is using Budd name by 1871.
In 1871 Louisa is listed in Ordsall, Notts as the wife of John Fillingham, but I can’t see a marriage. There are three children - Herbert age 4 born London ( can’t see obvious birth record) and Célia age 3 and George age 1 who are recorded in Lincoln as Fillingham mmn Syme.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 13 July 18 09:40 BST (UK) »
To do that you will need to purchase some certificates.

The 1927 (Robert E Foreman  +  Lydia Ingarfield) marriage for starters.

I also believe that the Ealing marriage wasn't in 1939, given the groom was b 1928.

Florence Gilham and George Hamerton did not wed until 1948.

If you search the 1939 register, it implies that Rena/ Renna Violet was b 1932, and was living in 1939 in the Bletchley area.

There is a birth in jun 1/4 1931 Greenwich which may be relevant, if Rena didnt like her "official " first name
hi I would like to know where my great great grandfather Robert Edward foreman and great great grandmother Mary Ellen fillingham camed from and weather or not if they had any siblings and what they did for a living. I no my great great grandmother Mary married my great great grandfather Robert Edward foreman but I don't no where or when they got married or when they was born and died so I'm stuck on that as I have tried searching through the website.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 13 July 18 11:15 BST (UK) »

hi I would like to know where my great great grandfather Robert Edward foreman and great great grandmother Mary Ellen fillingham camed from and weather or not if they had any siblings and what they did for a living. I no my great great grandmother Mary married my great great grandfather Robert Edward foreman but I don't no where or when they got married or when they was born and died so I'm stuck on that as I have tried searching through the website.

Yes you do. It's been covered before. See reply number 8.
You've also been told that no more can be done until you provide information from certificates.
Not just by me, others too.

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.