Poll

my grandad

my family
1 (100%)
my family
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: robert edward foreman  (Read 5028 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: robert edward foreman
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 November 17 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Information on the 1939 register and 1911 census point to Robert Edward Foreman being the son ( born 1905) of Robert Edward Foreman and Mary Ellen Fillingham who married in Marylebone in 1904. Mary is shown as a widow  in 1911 suggesting Robert Edward died 1905-1911 though can't find an obvious death.
Isobel
hi there i put my nan and grandad year of marrage wrong it was 1949 at Ealing registry office

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 November 17 08:14 GMT (UK) »
hi there i put my nan and grandad year of marrage wrong it was 1949 at Ealing registry office

Yes, we also told you that at replies number 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Now, are you going to buy any certificates so that further progress back can be made with more confidence?
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 November 17 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kirsty,

I would very much agree with Pauline, there is no quick, easy and inexpensive way to confirm you have the correct family bloodlines without verifying with BMD certs.  Family History is a interesting and can be a time consuming expensive but rewarding pastime.

I would take one family at a time and confirm yours before building a tree, trying to go down all lines at once gets confusing with names you may find, and it all can get jumbled. Unless other family members are interested to help take on tree lines or branches.

Also be prepared to uncover skeletons. Such as Renna born to Florence many years before marriage to George. Would he be named on her birth cert, or would no father be listed as given her mothers surname?

We are only trying to help find your correct family lines, but down to you to build and confirm, Others and I have given you links to access what is free.  Nothing more rewarding than finding or confirming your own family history, maybe with a little help along the way.

Also cannot understand why you post in the 'Travelling People' board, have not yet to date seen any connection to Romany or Gypsy blood.  Maybe the beginners board would be better to start with, or area/locality of research.

Just my thoughts  ::)

Regards
Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 February 18 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kirsty,

I would very much agree with Pauline, there is no quick, easy and inexpensive way to confirm you have the correct family bloodlines without verifying with BMD certs.  Family History is a interesting and can be a time consuming expensive but rewarding pastime.

I would take one family at a time and confirm yours before building a tree, trying to go down all lines at once gets confusing with names you may find, and it all can get jumbled. Unless other family members are interested to help take on tree lines or branches.

Also be prepared to uncover skeletons. Such as Renna born to Florence many years before marriage to George. Would he be named on her birth cert, or would no father be listed as given her mothers surname?

We are only trying to help find your correct family lines, but down to you to build and confirm, Others and I have given you links to access what is free.  Nothing more rewarding than finding or confirming your own family history, maybe with a little help along the way.

Also cannot understand why you post in the 'Travelling People' board, have not yet to date seen any connection to Romany or Gypsy blood.  Maybe the beginners board would be better to start with, or area/locality of research.

Just my thoughts  ::)

Regards
Cas
a while back I think I found the birth place my grandad Robert Edward Foreman was bornot and I think it was Paddington London can you please help me as I can't find he's Birth year. Thank you

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 February 18 22:53 GMT (UK) »
You can get his birth year from  reply number one of this thread.

Buy the certificate, and only then might some progress come about
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 February 18 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Information on the 1939 register and 1911 census point to Robert Edward Foreman being the son ( born 1905) of Robert Edward Foreman and Mary Ellen Fillingham who married in Marylebone in 1904. Mary is shown as a widow  in 1911 suggesting Robert Edward died 1905-1911 though can't find an obvious death.
Isobel
hi there person born in 1905 is that my great grandad it's just I'm lost and confused

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 26 February 18 08:00 GMT (UK) »
Kirsty, BUY the certificates which we have recommended.

1928 birth
1927 marriage
1905 birth.
1904 marriage

WHEN you have them, tell us exactly what it says on them.
Until then, this is all a guess.
With solid evidence from certificates,  you can get further back, without the solid evidence, even we cannot help.

Pauline

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 26 February 18 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Isobel
hi there person born in 1905 is that my great grandad it's just I'm lost and confused

If the Robert E Foreman born in 1905 is the one who later married Lydia Ingarfield  (in 1927)and was the father of the Robert E Foreman born in 1928 then he would be your great grandfather.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 26 February 18 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Isobel

If the Robert E Foreman born in 1905 is the one who later married Lydia Ingarfield  (in 1927)and was the father of the Robert E Foreman born in 1928 then he would be your great grandfather.
Isobel
thank you for your help. You may find this and bit funny but as my dad side of the family are from London and mum side of the family the hambridge walker and Thompson lived and worked on the canal delivering coal  from Braunston Birmingham to Brentford and London I was wondering if there might of been any famous people in my family that I don't no about.