Author Topic: ReminderFox RIP  (Read 2024 times)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: ReminderFox RIP
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Malcolm, you'll have to make sure that you've got Mozilla updates set to let you know they are available, but that they can't be downloaded unless you agree, otherwise you'll find Mozilla will just update itself to Quantum.

Lizzie

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 12:53 GMT (UK) »

I updated to Quantum and am using their reminder add-on, it works fine for me, but will see how it goes. ;)
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Dyingout

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father Charles in his hockey playing days
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to say that there is no plans to update Reminderfox ever to the new HTML5 needed to run on Quantum
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/reminderfox/ZX3Hsm3R1jU/MU0S50LhEAAJ
Dow/Dowe Norfolk and Suffolk
Mulley/Wilden Suffolk
Loome/lombe Norfolk

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear, well I shall hold off updating to Quantum as long as possible then.  To test out Thunderbird calendar I put some reminders in that were also on Firefox reminder.  I normally ask to be notified a few days ahead and Reminder Fox does that and then reminds me daily up to and including the day of the event.  Thunderbird on the other hand reminded me a few days ahead but that was it.  I think there's a way round it so I'll have a play until I'm happy enough to use it totally and maybe then I'll update to Quantum.