Author Topic: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.  (Read 20872 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.
« Reply #81 on: Thursday 04 October 18 19:36 BST (UK) »
Only definite birth I can find for children of Emily is that of Rose Morris to Alfred Henry Collins in 1910. They married in Norton Northamptonshire on 9th May 1910. Her father is given as Charles Morris ( deceased). Rose and Alfred had at least two children as they are listed with them in 1939 - Charles J in 1917 and Ethel M in 1919. There are other possible Collins births with mmn Morris in the Daventry Reg district which you can view on FreeBMD. Ethel M appears to have married someone called Nolan in 1948. There is also a Raymond H Collins ( b 1930)  listed in 1939 whose mmn was Collins ( probably a grandchild of Rose and Albert).
Isobel
I take it there might be some collins family alive today. I have done some researching on the gresley family on google and im just wondering if I could be related to Sir Herbert Nigel Gresley or just wondering if there might be a connectionto that family.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 07 October 18 09:40 BST (UK) »
Only definite birth I can find for children of Emily is that of Rose Morris to Alfred Henry Collins in 1910. They married in Norton Northamptonshire on 9th May 1910. Her father is given as Charles Morris ( deceased). Rose and Alfred had at least two children as they are listed with them in 1939 - Charles J in 1917 and Ethel M in 1919. There are other possible Collins births with mmn Morris in the Daventry Reg district which you can view on FreeBMD. Ethel M appears to have married someone called Nolan in 1948. There is also a Raymond H Collins ( b 1930)  listed in 1939 whose mmn was Collins ( probably a grandchild of Rose and Albert).
Isobel
I take it there might be some collins family alive today. I have done some researching on the gresley family on google and im just wondering if I could be related to Sir Herbert Nigel Gresley or just wondering if there might be a connectionto that family.
im just wondering if I could be related to Sir Herbert Nigel Gresley considering emily mum was a gresley before she got married.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Sunday 07 October 18 09:55 BST (UK) »
WHERE & WHEN was this Emily born, and what was Emily's maiden name?

How do you get Emily's mother's maiden name?

and what relationship exists between YOU and Emily?
(and to be blunt, any chance of Sir Gresley being related to another family of the same name in the English Midlands is pretty remote). Herbert Nigel Gresley. Born: 19 June 1876, Edinburgh

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Sunday 07 October 18 11:49 BST (UK) »
PaulineJ - please see my replies #68 and #71 which provide information re Emily.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Sunday 07 October 18 17:34 BST (UK) »

(and to be blunt, any chance of Sir Gresley being related to another family of the same name in the English Midlands is pretty remote). Herbert Nigel Gresley. Born: 19 June 1876, Edinburgh
I copied and pasted this so you can see for yourself. Which is why I asked the question about sir gresley.
Online isobelw
RootsChat Aristocrat

Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #71 on: Monday 10 September 18 09:14 BST (UK) »
I assume you mean James ( not Charles) Walker and Mary Ann.
Emily Ann Walker was born in 1863 in Brinklow. As far as I can see from census returns she was one of 12 children of James Walker and Mary Ann nee Gresley/Greasley. James Walker married Mary Ann Gresley on 16th December 1861 at Bordesley St Andrew, Warwickshire ( certificate viewable on Ancestry).He was age 32 and his occupation was Boatman ( although he appears as a Labourer on some of the census returns). His father was James Walker, a Tallow Maker. Mary Ann was 21, the daughter of Joseph Gresley, a Labourer.
Siblings of Emily were -
James born 1860 with surname Greasley ( pre marriage)
Emily Ann born 1863
Alice born 1864
George born 1866 died 1870
Lizzy born 1868 ( seems also to have been known as Lucy and Elizabeth)
Sarah Ann born 1870
Frederick born 1871 died 1872
Annie 1872
Edward 1874
Harry born 1875 died 1876
Beatrice Louisa 1876
Herbert 1878

James Walker was born about 1829 in Brinklow and Mary Ann Walker nee Gresley was born 1839/40 also in Brinklow.

Regarding your question about the possibility of Charles Morris being the father of George Herbert Walker. It is possible, but unfortunately I’m not sure how you would prove this conclusively as there is no father’s name  on his birth or baptism.
Report to moderator   
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland &

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Sunday 07 October 18 17:39 BST (UK) »

I copied and pasted this so you can see for yourself. Which is why I asked the question about sir gresley.
Online isobelw
RootsChat Aristocrat

Gran & Granpa Clotworthy

Emily Ann Walker was born in 1863 in Brinklow. As far as I can see from census returns she was one of 12 children of James Walker and Mary Ann nee Gresley/Greasley. James Walker married Mary Ann Gresley on 16th December 1861 at Bordesley St Andrew, Warwickshire ( certificate viewable on Ancestry).He was age 32 and his occupation was Boatman ( although he appears as a Labourer on some of the census returns). His father was James Walker, a Tallow Maker. Mary Ann was 21, the daughter of Joseph Gresley, a Labourer.
Siblings of Emily were -
Emily Ann born 1863
Alice born 1864
Sarah Ann born 1870
Annie 1872
Edward 1874
Beatrice Louisa 1876
Herbert 1878

James Walker was born about 1829 in Brinklow and Mary Ann Walker nee Gresley was born 1839/40 also in Brinklow.

Regarding your question about the possibility of Charles Morris being the father of George Herbert Walker. It is possible, but unfortunately I’m not sure how you would prove this conclusively as there is no father’s name  on his birth or baptism.
Report to moderator   
I must say when I took a DNA my family roots lead to Irish Wales and Scotland and other parts of Europe

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Sunday 04 November 18 09:20 GMT (UK) »

Online isobelw
RootsChat Aristocrat

Gran & Granpa Clotworthy

Siblings of Emily were -
Emily Ann born 1863
Alice born 1864
Sarah Ann born 1870
Annie 1872
Edward 1874
Beatrice Louisa 1876
Herbert 1878

Report to moderator   
I must say when I took a DNA my family roots lead to Irish Wales and Scotland and other parts of Europe
hi I'm trying to find the death year of Emma Hambridge apparently she was a Emma Walker before she came to a Hambridge I camed across the year she was born 1861/1862 in Banbury, UK she married my 3 times great grandfather thomas Hambridge

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Sunday 04 November 18 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Isobel
im just wondering if I could be related to Sir Herbert Nigel Gresley considering emily mum was a gresley before she got married.
hi there I can't seem to find the death year of Ethel and but what I did find is her husband first name Timothy the both married in 1940's

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Sunday 04 November 18 10:32 GMT (UK) »
You can search the death indexes for Emma Hambridge yourself.
She appears to be alive in 1911, so look after then.
(https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWZJ-9D7

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.