Author Topic: Benjamin Homer and Tamar Hawkes Baptisms.  (Read 1070 times)

Offline gilesc

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Benjamin Homer and Tamar Hawkes Baptisms.
« on: Wednesday 22 November 17 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone,
I am totally stumped for names of fathers for Ben and Tamar.
Can anyone get to Dudley archives and search the registers for me. Dudley archives have told me that they do not have transcribed PRs for the years I am interested. Unless I get the name of Ben's father I will be stuck. So, can anyone do a look up for me?
On A.....try the baptisms are not sourced so I can't use them. I have Ben + Tamars marriage on 30th JAN 1733 from the St Thomas Registers so I guess they were born 1705 onwards.
I have got Ben's burial 06 MAR 1788, and Tamar 22 JUNE 1781.
I have seen a copy of " A brief account of the Homer or de Homere family of Ettingshall but I can't believe these Homers are my family as pretty soon one of Ben's descendants was given a pauper burial at St Thomas.
Living in hope
Carolyn

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Homer and Tamar Hawkes Baptisms.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 November 17 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'd just like to mention that Benjamin and Tamar  children's births were recorded in the records of the Quaker Meeting House  at Dudley so there may be clues there.

https://archive.org/stream/oldnonparochialr00roll#page/n37/mode/2up/search/homer

Has an online copy

Ciderdrinker

Offline gilesc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Homer and Tamar Hawkes Baptisms.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 December 17 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello ciderdrinker.
Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I have the baptisms at the Old Meeting house. As I said in my post I'm stuck at Benjamin ( and Tamar for that matter). I had no responses from my look up requests so I'm now going to pay Dudley archives to do an hours search and see if they come up with Benjamin's Baptism and hopefully his father's name. All the family trees on A....try aren't sourced so I can't use them.
Onward and upward
Regards
Carolyn