Author Topic: Robert Cubitt 1695 married Martha Peascod  (Read 2363 times)

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Robert Cubitt 1695 married Martha Peascod
« on: Thursday 23 November 17 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Sometime ago I helped a good friend research her family tree but we had to call a holt for a while.  She has now asked me if I could look into it some more she is particularly interested in Robert Cubitt, we have his marriage and children and can follow the line down to present day but we cant seem to go back any further,  We know he was born approx. 1695 and died 1769,  he  married Mary Peascod in 1735.  But I am at a loss as to his parentage, there are so many of the cubitts too.  Is there anyone familiar with this line who could point me in the right direction please.

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Cubitt 1695 married Martha Peascod
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 November 17 15:17 GMT (UK) »
On FreeREG there was a Robert Cubitt baptised 8th August 1695 in Burnham Ulph Norfolk. Father  Robert Cubitt; Mother Elizabeth.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 November 17 22:47 GMT (UK) »
On FreeREG there was a Robert Cubitt baptised 8th August 1695 in Burnham Ulph Norfolk. Father  Robert Cubitt; Mother Elizabeth.
regards.

Thank you for that info paco - the dates fit lovely but it doesn't tie in with the fact that it appears he was born in Thwaite Norfolk. though I have yet to prove that for myself too.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 November 17 01:01 GMT (UK) »
What makes you think that Thwaite was his birth place?

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 November 17 03:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, is this where the Thwaite  connection come from?

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NORFOLK/2003-07/1059287717

It states "Robert Cubitt was born in 1695 in Thwaite. He died in 1769. He was married to Martha Peascod in 1735. Martha Peascod died in 1797. She was born in Barningham. Robert Cubitt and Martha Peascod had the following children:

+2 i. Robert Cubitt (born in 1741)."

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 25 November 17 04:41 GMT (UK) »
It may not be Norfolk, there is a Thwaite in Suffolk about 10 miles from Barningham where Martha was born and married.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 November 17 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Any connection of your Cubitt's to the Bond family or to Ludham?

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 25 November 17 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Robert was of Thurgarton at the time of the 01 Oct 1735 Marriage.

Seems late (age 40) to marry if he was born c 1695.

There is a MARY Cubit Bapt 5 Sep 1736, St Mary, Erpingham to a ROBERT/MARTHA

Only other Child I can find to a Robert/Martha are;
JOHN 06 Aug 1743 Alby

There is some sort of Erpingham connection as a MARTHA age 3 was buried there 21 Nov 1784, Daug of ROBERT/RACHEL, Late Woolsey Spinster.
Rachel was buried there 16 Jun 1784 age 37
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 November 17 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi All thank you for your help, to start with I am not sure about the Thwaite connection as yet it is something I had come across that looks possible but as yet no proof,  we come into the Cubitt line in 1825 with Sarah Elizabeth Cubitt who married James Merrison Sutton in 1851.  Sarah was born in Horstead to Robert Sutton and Sarah Golden. Robert and Sarah were married 27 Nov 1816 Colby Norfolk.  That Robert was born 1775 in Horstead Aldborough area. This Robert was son of Robert Cubitt and Rachel Woolsey who married 1775 Alby.  This last Robert was born abt 1741 but as yet I know not where he was son of Robert Cubitt and Martha Peascod.  I have come across another Robert and Martha which is why I am trying to be very careful.  So far all my info has come from online records and I do try to be prove for myself but back that far its hard as you all know as records are not very detailed.  There also seems to be a huge number of Cubitts to sift through in a relatively small area.