Author Topic: Who was George Cruickshank's wife?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who was George Cruickshank's wife?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 November 17 14:04 GMT (UK) »
James Turner Veterinary Surgeon died in Montreal on 10 Nov 1849 and was buried on Nov 13. He was 53 years of age. St Paul's Presbyterian Church.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 November 17 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. Looks as if the Mrs Turner in the 1841 can't be his wife then, as he was still alive in 1841.

Is there any record of the death of his wife? Specifically, what her given name was?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 November 17 15:56 GMT (UK) »
I wonder......

With the marriage taking place in Scotland, I wonder if Elizabeth and her mother may have returned to Scotland after the death of James? George and Elizabeth may have met in Montreal and perhaps he then travelled to Scotland to marry her?

Anyway, food for thought.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 November 17 17:58 GMT (UK) »
I have failed to find Elizabeth in either Canada or Scotland in the 1851 censuses, let alone her mother.

SP is currently inaccessible* so I cannot check for a death of Helen Turner or Swan at the moment.  :)

*This may be because for reasons I won't go into I am using a tablet on a public network at the moment rather than my usual PC.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.