Author Topic: Help with the 1910 US Federal Census please  (Read 1359 times)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with the 1910 US Federal Census please
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 November 17 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Going to the last nth before I go out the door (Santa Parade in Auckland NZ)  :)

Agnes' sister definitely was Helen C O'KEEFE who married John J COCORAN in 1902.
A death record (1944 I think( has her as Helen Cecelia COCORAN ms O'KEEFE,  born 1888 Calais, Maine, parents Patrick W O'KEEFE and Mary E TOBIN.

Agnes and little Helen are not with the COCORAN's in 1910, Rawson Street Boston.   Helen COCORAN is listed as Nellie C (another variation to look for)

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 November 17 00:24 GMT (UK) »
The findagrave website states that Helen C Baker was born 24th October 1908  in Maine;  but does not say where it got that information

The Massachusetts death index says she was born in Maine, but the accuracy of that info would depend on what the informant knew.  https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VZ5V-91G

Offline GRO10a852

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 November 17 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ambly and Shellyesq,

Thanks to both of you for your last message and please accept my apologies for not replying sooner. This morning I had to repair my two year old grandson's toy garage before looking at family history.

A family story says that the Hellen Adley recorded as aged 11 in the 1920 US federal Census and was born 24th October 1908 in either Massachusetts or Maine was called Helen  Cecelia; the same name as Agnes O'Keefe's sister.

It is unfortunate we cannot find a record of the little girls birth in 1908 or her record in the 1910 census.
Thanks for your help