Author Topic: Research information needed  (Read 1734 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Research information needed
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 November 17 15:26 GMT (UK) »
(I see this is on the Northumberland Board? West Boldon was in County Durham  :-\ )
Oh dear that's my fault sorry... :-[
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline leka

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 November 17 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frank_14
Boldon Colliery is where I was born and most of my relatives lived in either Boldon Colliery or West Boldon.
In answer to your first question your relative would more than likely worked at Boldon Colliery Pit, because depending on which part of West Boldon he lived at, he would of been 1 to 2 miles from the Pit. There are two good books which will give you a understanding of Boldon: 'The Peoples History, THE BOLDONS' by Tom Bainbridge and 'Boldon Colliery a Proud Heritage' by David Temple.
Out of interest who was your Relative.
Solomon,Pullan,Charlton

Offline frada14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 November 17 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frank_14
Boldon Colliery is where I was born and most of my relatives lived in either Boldon Colliery or West Boldon.
In answer to your first question your relative would more than likely worked at Boldon Colliery Pit, because depending on which part of West Boldon he lived at, he would of been 1 to 2 miles from the Pit. There are two good books which will give you a understanding of Boldon: 'The Peoples History, THE BOLDONS' by Tom Bainbridge and 'Boldon Colliery a Proud Heritage' by David Temple.
Out of interest who was your Relative.

Hi, Thanks that is very interesting and hugely appreciated. My ancestor wasn't born there he was from Yorkshire, he just moved there, but his name was Walter Dannatt.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 November 17 22:46 GMT (UK) »
I went to visit the Church area at West Boldon last year (St Nicholas)as one of my Great x 3 Grandmothers is buried there and one of her sons was baptised there.  Her husband was a blacksmith and I imagine he may have found work at Boldon Colliery.  The Church is very picturesque and is set in a little village with two old looking old pubs just outside.  There are surrounding fields and not far off en route is a long row of miners housing with the date displayed on the front (around 1870s - can't remember exact date).  The Church appears to be at the top of an incline and is higher up than the surrounding fields.  This area appears to be quiet and rural. I have attached a photo of the Church entrance area.  I have tried to put full photo on but can't as attachment size is too large.  Perhaps your ancestor may have attended this Church of he lived in the area?
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline frada14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 November 17 06:25 GMT (UK) »
This area appear  Perhaps your ancestor may have attended this Church of he lived in the area?

How lovely, Thank you for sharing that with me. It's a nice thought. I have a very vivid imagine of how the village would have looked while he was there. Thank you.