Author Topic: Death of Stewart Smith (born 3/6/1862 Kerriemuir)  (Read 567 times)

Offline Desidog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death of Stewart Smith (born 3/6/1862 Kerriemuir)
« on: Monday 27 November 17 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on the death of the Stewart Smith, who is my great grandfather. Stewart Smith was born 3/6/1862, Kerriemuir, to Stewart Smith and Susan Anderson. He had siblings Jane and Betsy. He married Elizabeth Roy Kettles 23/12/1892 Kinfauns. Stewart and Elizabeth had 4 children (Mary, Susan, Stewart and Elizabeth(my grandmother). Stewart remarried Mary (also written as May) McLean 18/1/1908 Crieff, following Elizabeth Smith's (Née Kettle) early death and they had at least one son, James. Stewart was a gamekeeper and lived at Park Neuk Cottage, Innerpeffray, for some time. I have not been able to find the death of Stewart Smith after much searching. I know he was alive in 1920, as I have found him on the Forfarshire Valuation roll.

Thank you in advance.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Stewart Smith (born 3/6/1862 Kerriemuir)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 November 17 01:07 GMT (UK) »
There is 2 deaths both 1938 in the St Andrews area of Dundee Stewart Smith one 75 the other 76 on the Scotlands people website

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Desidog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 November 17 03:49 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to Wendy2305 for helping to crack a very hard nut! Stewart Smiths death has been found!

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 November 17 07:24 GMT (UK) »
Glad to help