Author Topic: Can anyone find Annabel Nicholson?  (Read 3255 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find Annabel Nicholson?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Just to note -

Hanna Isabella 1893 Scotland –1968
died 20 MARCH 1968 • Lancashire
you would need to verify

FreeBMD
Death Hannah I J Ramshaw , age 78(born c1890) , 1st quarter 1968 , Fylde Lancashire.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/167805644/hannah-isabella_johnson-ramshaw

Death Robert C C Ramshaw , age 55(born c1896) , 2nd quarter 1951 , Fylde Lancashire.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Marriage Robert C C Ramshaw / Vera Whittaker 1937 Fylde Lancashire.

I know she and Robert had a son also called Robert in 1917.

That could be the son , looking at free 1939 Register this Robert was born c1916 and looks like there was a son also Robert C C Ramshaw.

I think we really need to get the full details of the 1910 marriage to make further progress  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ev,

Thanks for the extra information, I think you could be right about needing that marriage detail.

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 November 17 12:14 GMT (UK) »
This is the first time I have ever travelled to do a look up for someone without getting an acknowledgement for the effort undertaken.   On the day I did the look up I went not once but twice to check both dates.  I did this to ensure I had crossed all the 'Ts' and dotted all the 'Is' in checking the marriage dates for you Michael :-\ 

At least Ladyhawk and Ev who posted information after me have received thanks - and rightly so - good research work! 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 01 December 17 08:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure that it would be an oversight.  All Rootschatters are so very grateful for the research that our fellow chatters do for us (and the research is so very good: fast and furious most of the time).  We all fully understand the concept behind the site and the generous act of "paying forward".  I haven't explained what I mean as well as I feel I should.  I'll put it down to it being early in the morning.  Nonetheless, River Tyne Lass, you've done a splendid job in spite of this cold, snowy weather we're having. 

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 01 December 17 08:47 GMT (UK) »
River Tyne Lass,

I am so sorry I missed thanking you for the research you so kindly did for me, I really did appreciate it and didn't intend to be so rude as to miss acknowledging the fact.

The information you posted made me recheck everything I already had and compare it with the information the forum members had found and in the excitement of using it all to produce the long reply I posted next, I missed doing the most important part, thanking the person who had found it for me.

I am very busy at work at the moment so wouldn't have been able to get back to the library to find the information for myself for at least a couple of weeks. I had assumed you were there doing research for yourself and added that search on, which in itself would have been great, but the fact you went out of your way to help me and made a special trip is unbelievably kind.

The kindness and generosity of the members of this forum never ceases to amaze me. So many people have gone out of their way to help me I can only hope that when I am in a position to help someone myself that I spot it in time to do so.

Once again, please accept my apologies, I will understand if you choose not to help me again but please don't let it stop you helping others. I'm sure, like me, they will really appreciate your help but hopefully will give you the credit you deserve.

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 01 December 17 09:04 GMT (UK) »
This is a very gracious apology, Michael. Only a true gentleman could have penned such a missive and I do appreciate this very much and believe what you say.  I can quite understand the thrill of the chase as you have explained, leading to the oversight.

I can very easily now put this in the past and move on and of course I will be only too glad to carry on helping you in the future if it is in my ability to do so.

And many thanks, too for your peacemaking Mr Tibbs.  You have both put a smile on my face as I am travelling back home on the bus after nightshift.

Best Wishes to you Both. :) :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 December 17 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Always welcome.  ;D