Author Topic: GRO - Marriage Entry Cancelled, so no certificate can be issued  (Read 1899 times)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: GRO - Marriage Entry Cancelled, so no certificate can be issued
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 November 17 16:53 GMT (UK) »
I don't think FamilySearch would have been allowed access to the GRO registry books, if they have an image it's likely to be just of the index book and not the cert.

Sort of, but also sort of not. The LDS Family History centers have had microfilms of the actual marriage registrations since at least the early 1990s. They have the marriage certs for all of Ireland from 1864 (maybe 1845), to 1870. I know, as I spent many an hour ordering and peering at these microfilm records.
However, not all the FHC microfilms have made their way online onto FamilySearch, so you may be strictly correct.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GRO - Marriage Entry Cancelled, so no certificate can be issued
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 November 17 18:11 GMT (UK) »
I wonder could you view it at a L D S Library
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FY9N-XPR

LDS libraries no longer order films in, so unless a library had that particular film, you can't get it any more.
Elwyn