Author Topic: Edward Pywell of Ibstock  (Read 395 times)

Offline elizabeth63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Pywell of Ibstock
« on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Searching for Edward Pywell who married Elizabeth Colver in Quorndon 1828 and had son Amos in Ibstock, Markfield in 1838. Edward was a miller as detailed on birth certificate of Amos. Elizabeth and son Amos, daughter Mary Ann Maria Pywell living at Mill in Lowick by 1841 census with a Richard Bacon (miller) Anyone got any ideas?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Pywell of Ibstock
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:29 GMT (UK) »
There is a record for Edward Pywell son of Edward Pywell of Quorndon & Ann his wife, who was the daughter of Thomas & Mary Wylde of Quorndon. 

Edward was born 6 May 1807 and his birth was registered in the Register of Births at the General Baptist Chapel in Quorndon on 15 Feb 1837 by Edward Pywell Protestant Dissenting Minister.
GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham. MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  JACKSON: East Yorks, North Yorks, Durham. TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Also Mary Pywell born 29 Jun 1800 registered 26 Mar 1801 with the same parents/maternal grandparents. Her birth was registered by Benjamin Pollard, Protestant Dissenting Minister
GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham. MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  JACKSON: East Yorks, North Yorks, Durham. TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Possible 1861 -

Henry Fewkes   67
Elizabeth Fewkes   64
Henry Fewkes   28
Edward Pywell   wid 53 b. Quorndon, Leicestershire. Miller

RG 9 Piece 2280 Folio 72 Page 19

JJ

Offline elizabeth63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your response. I think that must be right as Mary Ann Maria Pywell born 1834 died 1897 married John Wadsworth in 1854 and witnesses were Henry & Emma Fawkes. Mary Ann registered her children with her maiden name stated as Beacon on GRO index. That is why I linked her to Amos Pywell/Beacon. This is exciting as I have spent years searching for Amos! He was in fact my paternal grandfather as he was 58 when my father was born and in turn my father was 57 when I was born! Any more suggestions most welcome.