Author Topic: Edward Pywell of Ibstock  (Read 716 times)

Offline elizabeth63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Pywell of Ibstock
« on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Searching for Edward Pywell who married Elizabeth Colver in Quorndon 1828 and had son Amos in Ibstock, Markfield in 1838. Edward was a miller as detailed on birth certificate of Amos. Elizabeth and son Amos, daughter Mary Ann Maria Pywell living at Mill in Lowick by 1841 census with a Richard Bacon (miller) Anyone got any ideas?

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Pywell of Ibstock
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:29 GMT (UK) »
There is a record for Edward Pywell son of Edward Pywell of Quorndon & Ann his wife, who was the daughter of Thomas & Mary Wylde of Quorndon. 

Edward was born 6 May 1807 and his birth was registered in the Register of Births at the General Baptist Chapel in Quorndon on 15 Feb 1837 by Edward Pywell Protestant Dissenting Minister.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Also Mary Pywell born 29 Jun 1800 registered 26 Mar 1801 with the same parents/maternal grandparents. Her birth was registered by Benjamin Pollard, Protestant Dissenting Minister
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Possible 1861 -

Henry Fewkes   67
Elizabeth Fewkes   64
Henry Fewkes   28
Edward Pywell   wid 53 b. Quorndon, Leicestershire. Miller

RG 9 Piece 2280 Folio 72 Page 19

JJ

Offline elizabeth63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your response. I think that must be right as Mary Ann Maria Pywell born 1834 died 1897 married John Wadsworth in 1854 and witnesses were Henry & Emma Fawkes. Mary Ann registered her children with her maiden name stated as Beacon on GRO index. That is why I linked her to Amos Pywell/Beacon. This is exciting as I have spent years searching for Amos! He was in fact my paternal grandfather as he was 58 when my father was born and in turn my father was 57 when I was born! Any more suggestions most welcome.