Author Topic: Looking for descendents: Maud May Middleton and Gilbert Dicken  (Read 761 times)

Offline H.A.M.daughter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for descendents: Maud May Middleton and Gilbert Dicken
« on: Thursday 30 November 17 06:57 GMT (UK) »
This is what I have: Maud May Middleton, 1886-1944, born Lakenham, Norfolk, parents, Mark Middleton and Sarah Black. Gilbert Dicken, 1883-1940, born Ulverston, Lancashire, parents, Agnes Walker and William Dicken. Married 1918. Immigrated to South Africa 1920. Buried Gauteng, Braken, Brenthurst Cemetery. Daughter, Joyce; son in law Joe.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for descendents: Maud May Middleton and Gilbert Dicken
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 December 17 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen these documents yet?

1940 Death/Probate Gilbert Dickin  - start: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSSC-VSYH-V?i=213&cc=2520237&cat=188051

1944 Death/Probate Maud Dickin – start:  https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS9R-S94G-F?i=2256&cc=2520237&cat=188051

1959 Death/Probate John Twomey (Joyce’s second husband) – start: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9RQ-1XFT?i=318&wc=ST55-JW5%3A1509544701%2C1509550002&cc=2144007
Note: Joyce’s first husband was a Joseph Alphonsus PEREZ (prob born abt 1908).

Two children are mentioned on John Twomey’s death notice. Age wise I would expect them to be Joyce’s as well. There is also a possibility that she could have had children with her first husband.
As these 2 children seem to be still alive, their details are not allowed to be mentioned on this forum due to PRIVACY RULES!!! All the other people mentioned here are deceased (although Joseph’s and Joyce’s more recent DODs are not (free) online as far as I can see .. maybe someone alse has more luck)

Sylvia

Offline H.A.M.daughter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sylvia.  Thank you so much for the information. I have copy of Maud and Gilbert's headstones (found by fluke after months of searching).  The headstone inscription for Maud and Gilbert names Joyce -daughter  and Joe -son in law. No surname. Maud's death record gave no survivor name. Thus I was stumped. Maud was my maternal great aunt. Her sister (my grandmother) apparently lost contact some time in the 1950's. I am so tickled to have your findings. Out of a line of 6 siblings, only Maud and my grandmother had surviving children. I will now definitely work on trying to make contact with Joyce's children and/or grandchildren. Cheers and thank you :) danese

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Danese,
Previously I had found some more info re the children. If you're interested, you will need to send me a private message.
Cheers, Sylvia