Author Topic: Catherine Lynch  (Read 681 times)

Offline Taniwha37

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Lynch
« on: Thursday 30 November 17 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Have spent many years looking for my great grandmother Catherine Lynch.
She arrived in Wellington, NZ by herself on the Indian Queen on Jan 20th, 1857. She then trans shipped on the Philip Laing arriving on Feb 18th, 1857 at Lyttelton.
1859 Jan 21st she married my great grandfather John Hill aged 20.
1914 Aug 17th she died in Christchurch aged 74. Born in Cork. Mother Mary.
If these two ages are correct she would need to have been born between Aug 18th 1839 and Jan 20th 1840. I cannot establish whether her mother was married and a widow or unmarried. I also don't know whether she was Catholic or Protestant. My Great grandfather was Protestant and a founder of his local church at West Melton, Christchurch. I appreciate that this would not rule out her being Catholic and I am advised with a mother Mary she was likely Catholic. She does not appear on IrishGenealogy between my two dates.
Unless a sibling emigrated somewhere else and is aware of a sister Catherine, I don't know where to go from here. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks Ted Hill

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Lynch
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 November 17 22:55 GMT (UK) »
The parish records on IrishGenealogy for Cork are only for the Dioceses Cork and Ross, there is also the Dioceses of Cloyne which covers some of county Cork
https://registers.nli.ie/

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 December 17 01:54 GMT (UK) »
Baptism of CATHERINE LYNCH of N/R on 13 October 1840. Cork & ross.south parish, (RC)  Mother   MARY GRADY.

Offline Taniwha37

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 December 17 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Solidrock for the Mary Grady.
Had that baptism but assumed it was too late. Unless there was a delay between birth and baptism?
Regards
Ted