Author Topic: John Scott/Frances Moor Family 1800-1870 Earsdon, Longbenton, Dudley areas  (Read 1322 times)

Offline patty0802

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying to figure out the parents of John Scott born between 1796 and 1803 in Northumberland, probably the Longbenton area.  He married Frances Moor (parents Thomas Moor and Margaret Blakey) on Aug 2, 1828 at All Saints Church in Newcastle.  Since parents names were not inlcuded in the marriage document (or where they?) I am having difficulty with his parents names. 

There are three or four family trees uploaded to Ancestry.com that show him with different sets of parents; William Scott/Mary Ord, Thomas Scott/Ann Gills and John Scott/Hannah Scott.  If anyone is researching this family or has access to records that may clarify the parents, I would greatly appreciate the help.  I have John and Frances in the census from 1841-1871 with their children.  I believe John may have died in July 1870 as Frances is shown as a widow in the 1871 census.  Their children were; Thomas b. 1828, Eleanor b. 1831, William b. 1834, Robert b. 1836, Joseph b. 1838 an Margaret b. 1841. 

Thank you,
Patty (from Chicago)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: John Scott/Frances Moor Family 1800-1870 Earsdon, Longbenton, Dudley areas
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 December 17 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Quite a few Scotts buried in Earsdon,what brings you to the conclusion he was from this area please
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline patty0802

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 December 17 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Frances Moor was born in Earsdon,as were her siblings, but she married John Scott Aug 2 1828 at All Saints Church in Newcastle.  According to the IGI at Family Search website all children were born at Gosforth Parish In Longbenton. I have the family in Longbenton on the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census.  John may have died in 1870, since he is not on the 1871 census and his wife is listed as widowed.  I have no other information on John Scott married to Frances Moor  :(

Sorry if my post was misleading.  I know John Scott is a common name and I may never figure this out. 

-Patty

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 December 17 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the informaion,I will keep my eyes open for them all
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 December 17 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked for a pre 1858 will for the above,possible  parents you might strike lucky.
Free to view on family search if you have an account or free to view on the North East inheritance database

also I like the look of John Scott son of Joseph and Dorothy,he was born 5th April 1798 but baptised in Newcastle Upon Tyne,August 22nd 1826,have you researched this one,as I am only doing a quick search I am only making wild assumptions,there is a Dorothy Fenwick and Joseph Scott marriage 6th December 1789 All Saints,

John Scott baptised Castle Garth Chapel,20th April 1798,son of Joseph,does he later change to All Saints

Joseph Scott aged 59 baptised All Saints 28th August 1826,parents David and Ann

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 13:34 GMT (UK) »
I just had a look through the Bishops transcripts for All Saints
John Scott born 5th April 1798
Ann Scott born August 3rd 1796,
Both baptised on the 22nd August 1826
parents Dorothy and Joseph a labourer of Bill or Mill Quay