Author Topic: John Russell Blair born 1822 Bay of Chaleur  (Read 566 times)

Offline myself1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Russell Blair born 1822 Bay of Chaleur
« on: Sunday 03 December 17 02:14 GMT (UK) »
John Russell Blair was born 1822 in Bay of Chaleur he died in June,10th,1910 in Marysville New Brunswick Canada. John married Margaret King Gibson in ST.James New Brunswick in 1863.

I would like if anyone had facts on who were his parents.

I would love to know if  jean Jacques Belair or Blair who  married Margurite Russell on July,4,1821 in Bonaventure Quebec are the parents of John Russell Blair born 1822.

This is unconfirmed info of children of John Blair or Belair and Margaret Russell

1.Marie Sara born Dec,14,1818(Bonaventure records)married Richard Ivery

2.Andre born may,31,1821 and died july,8,1827(Bonaventure records)

3.Jacques born July,30,1822(Bonaventure records) married Marguerite Daigle daughter of Michel and Angele Pitre, he died in Belledune N.B. on Aug,27,1911 aged 89

4.jean born august 15,1825(Petit-Rocher records)

5.Marguerite baptized in Petit-Rocher July,7,1828 aged 1 and 1/2 months married Thomas Farrell

6. Marie Barbe born April,13,1831(Bonaventure records)

7. Isaac   born Sept,10,1834  (Carleton records)

Can anyone out there verify that these dates for these children are correct ? As I am wondering if someone mixed up birth dates for Jaques born 1822 and Jean born 1825 for I would like to find it was  Jacques was born 1825 and Jean 1822.

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photo: Beardstown, Illinois
    • View Profile
Re: John Russell Blair born 1822 Bay of Chaleur
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 December 17 17:28 GMT (UK) »
myself1,

Here are my suggestions:

1) Have you contacted the cemetery (or relevant archives) to find out if they have anything on file for John Russell Blair? Sometimes cemetery records contain info such as parents' names and date of birth. This webpage has info on the cemetery: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nbyork/cem/fton-meth.html

2) Have you emailed the library in Fredericton to ask if it's possible to request a look-up to see if there was an obit published after his death? An obit might have mentioned his parents' names. Here is the link: http://www1.gnb.ca/0003/pages/en/biblio-e.asp?code=YF

3) It's a long shot, but have you contacted the local funeral homes to ask if they have anything on file for him?

Regards,
Josephine
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters