Author Topic: Seeking Caroline Louisa Gee and David Clark marriage, approx 1879, Liverpool  (Read 3685 times)

Online Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Caroline Louisa Gee and David Clark marriage, approx 1879, Liverpool
« Reply #27 on: Monday 04 December 17 08:57 GMT (UK) »
The link below shows the burial of the Caroline who died in 1938. The address given is 50 Grosvenor Street Liscard (Wallasey CB). This is where an Alexander Clark is living in 1939. He was born in 1880 so quite an age gap between him and Caroline. There was an Alexander Clark (mother: Aitchison) born Q2 1880 in West Derby Registration District Vol: 8b Page 508.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-992H-FHLC?cat=1027047

Blue

Offline bluesofa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Caroline Louisa Gee and David Clark marriage, approx 1879, Liverpool
« Reply #28 on: Monday 04 December 17 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this Blue70.  I've found the probate record, but there doesn't appear to be a will (Administration 11 July 1939). 

I will order the certificate of Caroline and Alexander's marriage and report back.  Hopefully it will allow links to be made back to David and Caroline.  In the meantime I will continue to try and find that elusive marriage record of theirs.

Thanks again to all.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 04 December 17 22:27 GMT (UK) »
In the meantime I will continue to try and find that elusive marriage record of theirs.

There isn't one.  The 1909 marriage shows her as Gee and that will be her fathers surname on the cert.  If she had married David - she would have re-married as Clark and not Gee

Unless she lied - her previous marital status should be spinster - not widow
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 04 December 17 23:12 GMT (UK) »
?
Alexander Clark died age 77 in June quarter 1957 in Wallasey, Cheshire

Probate to Martins Bank

Offline bluesofa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 04 December 17 23:39 GMT (UK) »
In the meantime I will continue to try and find that elusive marriage record of theirs.

There isn't one.  The 1909 marriage shows her as Gee and that will be her fathers surname on the cert.  If she had married David - she would have re-married as Clark and not Gee

Unless she lied - her previous marital status should be spinster - not widow

I'm not certain this Caroline is the same Caroline who was with David, I guess that was what I was hoping to find some evidence for.  I think sometimes a certificate can have both a maiden name and a former married name, but do you think, because this isn't shown in the cheshirebmd index, this isn't going to be the case here? It is perhaps a bit of a long-shot.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 04 December 17 23:48 GMT (UK) »
There is only one birth for a Caroline Louisa Gee - see my earlier reply

Nobody who has read this post can find a marriage for a David/Daniel Clark or Clarke to a Caroline Louisa Gee so it's highly unlikely there was one

She married Alexander Clark as Caroline Louisa Gee - not Clark.  Given she was with David for over 15yrs - if they had married I think it's more likely she would have married as Clark not Gee

The only way to sort it out is as advised previously - get the 1909 marriage cert and take it from there

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bluesofa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Okay. Thank you.

And thank you to everyone else for your replies.  All much appreciated.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 06:58 GMT (UK) »
The link below shows the burial of the Caroline who died in 1938. The address given is 50 Grosvenor Street Liscard (Wallasey CB). This is where an Alexander Clark is living in 1939. He was born in 1880 so quite an age gap between him and Caroline. There was an Alexander Clark (mother: Aitchison) born Q2 1880 in West Derby Registration District Vol: 8b Page 508.
Blue

Alexander Clark was born to John and Agnes Clark.

1881 3676/26/46

1891 2977/135

1901 3505/6/4.  He is a Barman

There is a marriage 1910 - Agnes Clark to Thomas Ringland. They are in 1911. She looks to be mother.

Death 1937 Agnes Ringland, registered Wallasey.
Probate to Alexander Clark, Insurance Agent.

Agnes seems to have had a hard life with babies dying and husband at a young age.
Thomas Ringland dies 1918 so a shortish marriage there too. His probate indicates a tidy sum of money so hopefully she had a comfortable later life. This is just ‘by the way’ but interesting.

Offline bluesofa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you heywood.  It is interesting.  I will get the certificate, and follow up on Alexander to see if I can find a link back to David.