Author Topic: Kingston Bagpuize - Heath Tax  (Read 639 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Kingston Bagpuize - Heath Tax
« on: Tuesday 05 December 17 18:31 GMT (UK) »
 Is it possible that someone has the Hearth taxes indexed please for Kingston Bagpuize and Longworth?

I am interested in the surnames Hinton and Taylor [both carried the given name of John]

Am trying to prove the age of a building. 

Many thanks.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston Bagpuize - Heath Tax
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 19:13 GMT (UK) »
The Longworth & District Historical Society might help - (but there may be a membership charge)

http://www.longworth-district-history-society.org.uk/hearth-tax-kb.html

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston Bagpuize - Hearth Tax
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 22:26 GMT (UK) »
So sorry I neglected to mention that I already had the 1662 Hearth Tax for Kingston. I am webmaster for the longworth-history-society.;-))  :-[

Be most intrested in the others though. ;)
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.