Author Topic: Kingston Bagpuize - Heath Tax  (Read 1065 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Kingston Bagpuize - Heath Tax
« on: Tuesday 05 December 17 18:31 GMT (UK) »
 Is it possible that someone has the Hearth taxes indexed please for Kingston Bagpuize and Longworth?

I am interested in the surnames Hinton and Taylor [both carried the given name of John]

Am trying to prove the age of a building. 

Many thanks.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston Bagpuize - Heath Tax
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 19:13 GMT (UK) »
The Longworth & District Historical Society might help - (but there may be a membership charge)

http://www.longworth-district-history-society.org.uk/hearth-tax-kb.html

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston Bagpuize - Hearth Tax
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 22:26 GMT (UK) »
So sorry I neglected to mention that I already had the 1662 Hearth Tax for Kingston. I am webmaster for the longworth-history-society.;-))  :-[

Be most intrested in the others though. ;)
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.