Author Topic: Gilbert McCall 1765 Monkton  (Read 169 times)

Offline TuiBird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gilbert McCall 1765 Monkton
« on: Wednesday 06 December 17 00:30 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out who the parents of Gilbert McCall are?  I think that he was born in 1765 in Monkton, Ayrshire possibly to an Alexander (McCaul).  Gilbert married Margaret Neil in 1794 in Dundonald.  Am I right in thinking there will only be ledger entries for these dates and no actual paper certificates?
Bird, Concannon, Harley, Ellaway, McDonough

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline misswetherspoon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Gilbert McCall 1765 Monkton
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 01:38 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out who the parents of Gilbert McCall are?  I think that he was born in 1765 in Monkton, Ayrshire possibly to an Alexander (McCaul).  Gilbert married Margaret Neil in 1794 in Dundonald.  Am I right in thinking there will only be ledger entries for these dates and no actual paper certificates?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Gilbert McCall 1765 Monkton
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 03:02 GMT (UK) »
There is a tree on FamilySearch which maybe him K23F-RV6 ​

Says he was born 1770 St. Quivox, Ayr., Scot.   Wife Margaret Mcneil.

View with caution though.