Author Topic: Vivians, Ivan Henry  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: Vivians, Ivan Henry
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 19:27 GMT (UK) »
thank you
I will be attempting to order his birth and death certs after Christmas holidays as that may be the only way for sure i will know who his parents were then i can go from there

thanks for your help

When ordering from BDM's it is better to order the "printout"as it is a photocopy of the register entry and is not prone to transcription errors,

Cheers Janette

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: Vivians, Ivan Henry
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Are you able to go to the archives to view (and photograph) these documents?  If not I believe there is someone on NZ board who does so.

The divorce papers should have marriage certificate (which will have parents names) and also details of the children.  (Well Australian ones do - haven’t seen any NZ ones but I assume they are similar)

Ros

NZ divorce records now have a 100 year restriction on them

Access Statement:

Divorce files are restricted for 100 years from the date of last paper. Access requires written permission from the Dunedin High Court.

Dissolution of Marriage or Civil Union Records

Under both High Court Rules and Family Court Rules former parties to a marriage or a civil union have an unrestricted right to obtain a copy of the order dissolving the marriage or civil union. These dissolution orders can be viewed at, or copies obtained from Archives New Zealand on production of sufficient proof of identity (photo identification e.g. passport/drivers’ license).

Cheers Janette