Author Topic: Where would you find the grave  (Read 1378 times)

Offline laurenbailey

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where would you find the grave
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 10 December 17 13:02 GMT (UK) »
You do also have to remember that Workhouse did not always mean just that.  A lot of hospitals were attached to a Workhouse, and it may just have been that Thomas was in the Hospital, rather than in inmate.

Yes i think it was used as a hospital at some stage :) when i have looked on the records, i think he was a Butcher there.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline laurenbailey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 10 December 17 13:03 GMT (UK) »

thank you for the information, how do i look for a plot register? i didn't think it was possible!

thank you. :)

You have to contact the owners of the cemetery (possibly the local council, through their crematorium office) who will hold the plot register.

Cheers
Guy

what cemetery would it have been under if he was in the workhouse? thank you!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 December 17 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Your best bet is to contact Conwy Archive Service, based in Llandudno.   The burial register you found on FindMyPast does not indicate which church performed the burial service.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY