Author Topic: Pincott, Chalford and Bisley  (Read 910 times)

Offline Chrisvp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pincott, Chalford and Bisley
« on: Wednesday 06 December 17 22:47 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the parents of Benjamin Pincott who was married to Sophia Coates. I suspect they were Daniel Pincott and Anne Workman but I cannot find any proof. Benjamin and Sophia were married in 1818 and their first child was born shortly after his name being Daniel the other children were Eliza, Stephen, Betsy, Martha, John, Ann and Benjamin. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
MacIntosh
MacKenzie
MacDonald
Murray
Simmons/Simmonds
Pincott

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Pincott, Chalford and Bisley
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 December 17 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Assume you have in 'notes' from Pincott UK and World - dated 12 June 1999

'My ancestor Anne PINCOTT, daughter of Daniel PINCOTT, married Henry PHELPS in the 1830's **

They came from Charlford, Bisley, Gloucestershire, England.  They migrated to Australia about 1839 on the Layton with about 20 other families from Bisley.  They were sent out under the Poor Law.  Interested in anyone who may have any connection to this family'.

Tree on Ancestry gives Anne's date of birth as 28 May 1806, at Chalford.

Ancestry has the marriage of Henry PHELPS to Anne PERROTT (as transcribed) - 20 January 1828 at Bisley - one witness was Hester PINCOTT.   Also 'tree' on Ancestry, gives Daniel's 1st? marriage - 26 February 1781, Stroud St Lawrence, Gloucestershire, to Charlotte HOWELL  (Ancestry, just has the Christian name: Daniel -   (Daniel PINCOT of Wickwar and Charlotte HOWELL of Stroud)

Ancestry:  Daniel PINCOTT christened 26 December 1781, Wickwar, parents: Daniel & Charlotte

and birth of daughter Hester - 1799)

1851 census, Bisley

Daniel PINCOTT aged 86, Pauper, born Bisley  (buried 28 March 1852, Calford, Gloucestershire)
Hester PINCOTT  - dau - aged 52 - born Bisley

---

1841 Census, Glos, Bisley, District 10 (bottom left Page 7)

(Ancestry transcribed these two names as Dan PULBETT and Ann PULBETT)

Danl  PINCOTT ? 77 Ag. Lab - born in County
Ann PINCOTT - 79

---

Offline Chrisvp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 December 17 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply. I have seen some of this information before. Unfortunately I cannot make a connection. My Benjamin Pincott was probably born between 1780-1800 but I cannot find a birth or baptism for him. His son who served in India has Benjamin listed as his father and as being from Bisley, Gloucestershire. Thanks again for your help.
MacIntosh
MacKenzie
MacDonald
Murray
Simmons/Simmonds
Pincott

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 December 17 15:14 GMT (UK) »

Probably non-conformists 'at times' - as there does appear to be some WORKMAN/PINCOTT records ....