Author Topic: William Smith [married Sarah Turner on 2 Apr 1833 in Marylebone] death details  (Read 685 times)

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello

Is anyone able to help me find out when & where this person died. He probably died between 23 Nov 1834 [when his daughter Ann Amelia was baptised in Marylebone London] & his wife Sarah's 2nd marriage to George Phillips on 21 Oct 1842 [at St George Hanover Sq London], in the Marylebone area. He was a Saddler by trade. I also have no idea where he was born, but thought it best to find his death details first. Sarah, his wife, was born on 21 Jun 1808 in New Hythe, Kent & died on 9 Jul 1884 in Thame, Oxon

If anybody is able to help with this problem with my direct pedigree, I would be very grateful

Michael

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Smith [married Sarah Turner on 2 Apr 1833 in Marylebone] death details
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 December 17 06:33 GMT (UK) »
Another child? Baptised at St Marylebone:

10/3/1837 Emily Louisa Smith parents William & Sarah, sadler, 79 Earl Street East
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Smith [married Sarah Turner on 2 Apr 1833 in Marylebone] death details
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 December 17 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Possibly another (but birth date a bit odd - only 7 months after Emily)

Sarah Mary b 29 Aug 1837, baptised 4 March 1838. 78 Earl St East.  father a furrier

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 December 17 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mabel & Shaun

Thanks for your kind interest. I had seen these kids, possibly linked to the William Smith I am interested in. However I have not been able to get any further certain detail that they are definitely his children. His daughter Ann Amelia was the only daughter [not Emily or Sarah] who went on to live with her mother & her new husband George Phillips in Thame, Oxfordshire [see English Census 1851]

What do you think?

Kind regards

Michael

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 December 17 11:50 GMT (UK) »
His daughter Ann Amelia was the only daughter [not Emily or Sarah] who went on to live with her mother & her new husband George Phillips in Thame, Oxfordshire [see English Census 1851]

It helps people who are trying to help you if you post the details of the 1851 census or at least give a reference no.   ;)

Where do you have the family in 1841
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 December 17 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rosie

Thanks for your suggestions for W.S. The details of the 1851 Census are: Lewknor, Thame, Oxon, England, ED/inst/vess 10b, house/sched/no 87, piece 1726, folio 263, page/no 24

Regarding the 1841 Census, I can find no details of him & his family in Marylebone, Middlesex. However I believe that some of the 1841 Census details were lost from the nearby area of Paddington [piece HO107/680 - I unfortunately have no further details], so this may be relevant

He is a real mystery!

Kind regards

Michael