Author Topic: Elizabeth Luckett [aka Lucket] [married name] - death details about 1841-1861  (Read 824 times)

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello

This person who was born about 1762-1766 [according to the 1841 English Census for St George in the East in Middlesex], whose death details I am trying to find out about, & whose maiden name & birth details I am very unsure of, had her children [according to Surrey parish birth & death details] between 1801 & 1807, & married Samuel Lucket[t] who was the master of Abinger Workhouse in 1802-3 [according to the baptism details of daughter Sarah in 1802 & burial details of son Samuel in 1803]. I am also not at all sure where & when they were married. The upper limit of death year is solely based on her date of birth & likely life expectancy

If anyone knows anything about when & where she might have died, I would be very grateful to know

Michael

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Luckett [aka Lucket] [married name] - death details about 1841-1861
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 December 17 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Think she must be the Elizabeth Luckett who died March quarter 1848 Romford.   GRO index shows she was 88 years old i.e. bc.1760.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Luckett [aka Lucket] [married name] - death details about 1841-1861
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 December 17 02:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Annette

Thank you for your thoughts. I have the death cert for this event, but there is nothing on it that I can definitely link to her [& her family members that I know about]. I have attached that death cert to this message for your thoughts, especially concerning the informant called Hannah Watts who either lived at the same address or one nearby in the same road, who I know nothing about

See what you think, thank you

Michael

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 December 17 02:56 GMT (UK) »
Can you give all the information you have about the four children you have found.....baptism, marriage, death .....where, when. You have an early death for children Samuel and Sarah.

Who are the other two?

Elizabeth is in her late thirties when she is having children with Samuel LUCKETT, so you might think she has older children.

From the death certificate at reply #2, I am seeing the informant to be Ann WEST?

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 December 17 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Apologies about the incorrect name of the informant. Have you got access to Ancestry UK? If so please see my 'John Edward Shapland Gould Family Tree' where you can see all the details of her family. In it you will see that quite a number of the entries are qualified by the phrases 'facts not certain' or 'this is a guess'

Thank you for your interest & thoughts

Kind regards

Michael

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 December 17 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Barking side is a place not a road (I lived there for 10 years).   Nowadays is Barkingside but at that time it was a small village which is no doubt why there is no road mentioned.

Since in 1841 'your' Elizabeth is shown as 'Ind.' (had independent means) it's possible that Ann West may have been a servant, neighbour or a lodger. 

I agree there is no definitive 'proof' from the certificate that this is your Elizabeth but I would say it is.   The only Elizabeth Lucket/tt on 1841 census to match 'yours' is the one at St. George in the East (Ratcliff Street) - indeed it is the only one that matches the timeframe and is in the same general area.   Likewise, the only Elizabeth Luckett to match the 1848 death is 'yours'.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 December 17 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Annette

Sorry about the info about Elizabeth Lucket[t]'s death cert. I got totally confused with another death cert I received recently [due to the time of my post!]. The reason I am confident about her being the correct E.L. in the 1841 Census is that she is living next door to her daughter [Sarah Luckett 1802-1848], who married Henry Gould & had 4x children - of whom William is my direct relative]. Henry Gould was a policeman & must have been working on the night of the Census. The other people living with E.L. were a police family whose man worked with H.G.

Thank you for your thoughts that E.L. may well be the right one. Interestingly daughter Sarah died of T.B. in Stepney on 16 July 1848

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 08 December 17 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello 'wivenhoe'

Thank you for your interest in 'my' Elizabeth Lucket[t]. Her children with Samuel Luckett were: [1] Sarah [1802-1848] [see my last post to Annette7], John [1807-1867] [he was a prison officer working in Westminster in a prison [?where Tate Gallery is now] & Brixton Prison, & Samuel [birth details unknown - died 1803]. Samuel Luckett [abt 1765-1838] married Elizabeth Collin on 26 Jun 1797 in Halstead, Essex [source Essex Parish Registers c/o Essex Records Office] [facts not certain but rather 'best fit']. Elizabeth Collin baptism record 5 July 1767 in Farnham, Essex [source EPR c/o ERO] [facts not certain but rather 'reasonable fit']. Samuel Luckett may have worked in the Halstead Workhouse about the time of their marriage, but I have been unable to find any evidence of this or at a nearby workhouse. I think S.L. may have died in Bishopsgate in 1838, but I cannot prove it is E.L.'s husband. However Samuel is an unusual forename for a Luckett at that time

Do please let me know what you think

Kind regards

Michael