Author Topic: Air accident Warren Point, Isle of Sheppey, Kent October 1940  (Read 4536 times)

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Air accident Warren Point, Isle of Sheppey, Kent October 1940
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 10 December 17 08:22 GMT (UK) »
See below for the search parameters that I used and the result
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 10 December 17 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Yeh!  Great.  I subbed incorrectly. Eyesight not what it was, I must have missed the option. Hopefully uknewsonline will change.  :D
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: Air accident [was Warren] [Warden Point, Isle of Sheppey, Kent October 1940
« Reply #29 on: Monday 11 December 17 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone who helped me over this. Thank you so much ShaunJ  as I now have the article. Please see attached. I cannot get this any larger unfortunately.

Killed in a road accident! He has also been promoted.

Many thanks to you all.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 11 December 17 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Sorry attached did not seem to show.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 11 December 17 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Mark, Thanks,
My research has been quite thorough and John Alfred Martin is buried in our church nearby his family home.
2. Burial looks to be at a Church, have you also checked the Churchyard / Parish Burial Register. Very occasionally they have extra words (above what IWGC / CWGC note in their records), like body from ___________ or found washed up at ____________ etc., or Abode might his Base or temporary residence.
The Church by 1940 were required to record the burial too.
Every record needs checking? Is it online anywhere and don't use full names. ----------
Parish Burial Registers sometimes have additional snippets?
The Churchyard Sexton Book (if it survives) may say where the body was from?

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 11 December 17 16:08 GMT (UK) »
No promotion. "Warrant Officer Class 2" is quite consistent with being a sergeant-major in the Royal Artillery. 
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 11 December 17 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Agreed, beat me to it! 

Rank was Warrant Officer Class II (became WO2, Arabic numerals, in the 60s/70s if memory serves me right), appointment in that rank was Battery Sergeant Major, form of address, Sergeant Major.

Well done Yatton harry - evidence is all!

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 11 December 17 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much ShaunJ and MaxD, You learn something new everyday. Old as I am, I didn't know these terminologies.

Sorry to have had the wrong info to start with even so.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 11 December 17 22:12 GMT (UK) »
How interesting!

I wonder who put forward the suggestion that he had poison in his stomach, requiring this adjournment and his stomach to be analysed?

It refers to a fatal road crash whilst motorcycling, but this adjourned summary doesn't say whether or not any other vehicle was involved?

----------

I went to an Inquest once and gave evidence, but another person was badgering me (in the intervals) to say he had illegal drugs in his system.

I refused to have words put in my mouth and refused to contaminate my evidence with such an unsubstantiated claim.

After the Inquest I was sent the PM and Toxicology Report which confirmed:- there was NO illicit or illegal substance in his body, only the correct amount of a prescribed medication.

----------

This makes me wonder why people turn up at an Inquest or inquiry and attempt to suggest something, proved by the evidence to be totally incorrect.

Mark