Author Topic: Air accident Warren Point, Isle of Sheppey, Kent October 1940  (Read 4527 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: Air accident Warden Point, Isle of Sheppey, Kent October 1940
« Reply #36 on: Monday 11 December 17 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark,
I thought that was an odd statement too.  We shall never know, but can't help feeling that something else was going on here.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Air accident Warden Point, Isle of Sheppey, Kent October 1940
« Reply #37 on: Monday 11 December 17 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark,
I thought that was an odd statement too.  We shall never know, but can't help feeling that something else was going on here.

Unfortunately, we are not party to all the facts yet.

I suspect that some other party is involved in this fatal road crash, and/or involved in the payout of compensation and may be trying to suggest it was suicide?

The Coroner wanted to be quite sure it was Accidental Death, probably for insurance or compensation reasons.

Mark