Author Topic: Wedding in Herts possibly Bushey  (Read 1136 times)

Offline avidt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wedding in Herts possibly Bushey
« on: Friday 08 December 17 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Looking for marriage of Levi Taylor and Sarah their first child Joseph was baptised in Bushey in Dec 1833.

Many thanks

David  ;)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wedding in Herts possibly Bushey
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 December 17 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Census/burial shows Levi Taylor bc.1798 Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.

I believe the he was actually the Levi bp.27/5/1798 Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, son of Levi and Elizabeth.   Levi and Elizabeth had 3 children before that who were baptised in Hemel Hempstead i.e. Charlotte 1790, Maria 1792 and John 1795 (full details on familysearch.org).   Levi Taylor married Elizabeth Dimsey 9/8/1790 St. Albans, Hertfordshire.

On 20/3/1825 Abbots Langley, a dau. Ann (baseborn) was born to Levi Taylor and Sarah Stevens.   I would suggest that this couple are 'your' Levi and Sarah and I cannot find a subsequent marriage for them, indeed perhaps they never married at all. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avidt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wedding in Herts possibly Bushey
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 December 17 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette

Many thanks for that useful information regarding Ann dr of Levi and Sarah Stevens. They had 3 more children Joseph Levi & William. In the 1841 Census they are shown as married but she is not in the 1851 Census, however there is a burial of Sarah Taylor in Abbots Langley in 1847 which would put her birth 1798 same as Levi. I think I will need to order the Death Certficate to ascertain the information.

Kind Regards

David :D