Author Topic: John Graham born abt 1866 married to Fanny Nabb  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Graham born abt 1866 married to Fanny Nabb
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 December 17 01:55 GMT (UK) »
Guys this is great help... the situation is that the granddaughter who has shared what she knows advises me that Fanny Nabb the wife died in Isle of Man a day before they (John Graham and Fanny Nabb) were meant to head back to Glasgow ... some help provided on Fanny has her laid to rest in Isle of Man in July 1923 .. John had been ill himself and Fanny had been nursing him for 8 months.. now I'm not sure if that is a clue as to John possibly not lasting much longer .. now they were residing in the clues I have been given in possilpark Glasgow and I think there is a perseption that John would have died there .. that is a question mark to be fair ...

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 December 17 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Groom,

I was reading the link page when you posted  ;D

I could not find a John Graham dying in Possilpark 1923 - 1966

Having read the link & knowing now he'd been ill, it's possible he may be recorded in another RD if he died in hospital on the outskirts?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 December 17 02:06 GMT (UK) »
I understand that all the children were in Canada at this stage so if he had been ill himself then maybe he has ended up in a place of care and as you mention outskirts .. informant would be interesting .. maybe he had family on his graham side ... that marriage register from Bury maybe the best option for any other clues .. I didn't realise that the mother was not listed in cert married in England ... maybe the only route ...

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 December 17 02:38 GMT (UK) »
On SP the Ref. No. for Possilpark is 644/7

I checked deaths 1923 - 1930 Lanark (6 with no middle name)

I am unsure exactly how the Referencing is done with regard to areas but I found 1 close in distance but he lives until 1930 which is a  :-\

GRAHAM JOHN 63
644/6 717 (the ref. no. previous digit) with distance 1.8 miles
Springburn 

There are others close by of course which are listed in the 6, one being 1923, 2 1924 & 2 1926

30 credits would let you view all 6 (£7.50 in total)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 December 17 07:27 GMT (UK) »
There are 3 different RDs with Glasgow attached...
Glasgow, Martha Street & Park Circus
There are many other RDs which come under 'Glasgow' area...
Springburn, Calton, Milton...to name a few
There were over 20 Registration Districts in Glasgow, not all at the same time and not all with the same boundaries or RD numbers over time. Before 1972, any district with a number starting 622, 644 or 646 is, generally speaking, mostly in Glasgow for at least some of the time. From 1972, it's numbers 601 to 60x, but I am not sure what the highest value of x is.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.