Author Topic: Olga and Beryl BURCH  (Read 448 times)

Offline steve burch

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Olga and Beryl BURCH
« on: Saturday 09 December 17 05:12 GMT (UK) »
I have recently discovered two people who may be related to me.They were included in the 1911 Census as visitors to the household.Olga was shown as being 4 years old and Beryl was 3,there were no parents listed and their birthplace was shown as Demerara, British Guyana.Any hints as to where I may find out more will be greatly appreciated. Steve. :-\

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Olga and Beryl BURCH
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 December 17 05:37 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootChat  :)

Olga and Beryl are listed arriving from Demerara, Guyana at Greenock on 14 May 1910 on the Ottar with a G Burch who is listed as a Clerk

Kay

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 December 17 06:28 GMT (UK) »
Researched Kate Thorn as to why they were staying with her, she was Kate Jane GILBERT from Falmouth Devon married George James Thorn 1889 Falmouth registration district.

Samuel Henderson BURCH age 31, mariner married Louisa Ellen GILBERT age 27 on 17 April 1873 at Penwerris Cornwall, registered Falmouth Devon 1873, witnesses are Richard Charles GILBERT, William James BURCH and Kate Jane GILBERT.
Father of Samuel- Isaac, Master Mariner, father of Louisa- Richard master mariner.

Olga and Beryl are I expect grandchildren of her sister Louisa Burch nee Gilbert. Further research required.

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 December 17 06:39 GMT (UK) »
I think Beryl is listed on 1933 Electrol Register at Harrow  as Beryl Louise Gilbert Burch and is later  listed her death is later listed as Beryl Louise G Burch   born 17 Mar 1908  Death Feb 2004 - Chiltern, Bucks   

The middle name of Gilbert ties in with amondg thoughts

Kay

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 December 17 06:47 GMT (UK) »
Possible link son Gilbert Herbert Graham Burch, made a Freemason in Georgetown British Guiana 1912.
Added he was a son of Samuel and Louisa Burch.
In August of 1910 he was a Freemason in Liverpool occupation Stevedore.

Died 1942 Tonbridge Kent.

Louisa also had a son George F H Burch age 17 in 1901Bootle Lancashire born Damara British Guiana, looks like the whole family there at some point so the G Burch could be either George or Gilbert, still more researching required.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 December 17 06:53 GMT (UK) »
Son George Fredrick Burch age 28 salesman married Elsie Kathleen Shields age 28 on 26 July 1910 at Stratford Le Bow
London, both were single. His father Samuel Henderson Burch, sea captain deceased, her father Richard Shields a solicitor.

So Olga and Beryl look to be Gilbert's children at this point.