Author Topic: Could you date or improve photo of Grt Grandmother Eliza Ann Simpson with Baby?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Could you date or improve photo of Grt Grandmother Eliza Ann Simpson with Baby?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 December 17 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Those were my thoughts too Jim before I saw your answer and I wondered if there was a child who had died as it doesn't fit the dates offered  :-\
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Could you date or improve photo of Grt Grandmother Eliza Ann Simpson with Baby?
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 December 17 17:38 GMT (UK) »
bw one

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 December 17 17:38 GMT (UK) »
color one

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 December 17 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your opinions, Jim1 and Treetotal.

In my first post, I mentioned that there was a possibility that the baby in the photo may have been our Aunt.  She was born on 4 July 1910 and was Eliza's first Grandchild.  This would certainly fit in with the Edwardian theory. 

I will have to look into your suggestion, Treetotal that Eliza may have had another child and that this child may have died.  This hadn't occurred to me before that my Grandmother may have at one time had a sibling - either a child of her Father George or her step-father, James.  My Grandmother went on to marry her step-father's cousin, who was our Grandfather.  It probably won't be straightforward to look for an additional child as both her husband's have had variant spellings of surname.

Many thanks too loord74 for some more versions of the photo.  :)  Every one has been so kind. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner