Author Topic: Microsoft Edge- what have I done?  (Read 6503 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Edge- what have I done?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 December 17 17:41 GMT (UK) »
I'm getting "waiting for response" on a site I used during last 2 days. Hadn't noticed it before.
There's also a minor change in the method of adding & naming new folders for my Favourites list. I added something today, not realising the alteration, then had to delete the new folder + contents before adding it again the correct way.
Cowban

Offline jwynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Edge- what have I done?
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 January 18 10:37 GMT (UK) »
This is a problem that many users of Windows 10 Microsoft Edge browser have been experiencing since a recent Windows Update.
I've seen this problem on many family history web sites (Deceased Online, FreeBMD, GRO Online Index, PRONI Wills, etc.), and it's a real pain to keep having to use the F5 button and resubmit the page request dozens (if not hundreds) of times a day, when you're doing these searches.
If you were to complain and submit information to the Microsoft Answers (on their Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10) problem solving forum, it may spur them to put a bit more effort into this.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/edge_other-edge_win10/i-have-just-started-having-a-problem-with-edge-and/d8b7070a-9aae-437d-a028-8923a3df211d?messageId=6842b7bb-f347-4053-a44d-ac791549bc9c
Once you've complained, I'd switch to Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox browsers, which don't have this problem.
Wynn & Wynne, in the Rhosllanerchrugog, Ponciau, Aberderfyn, Brymbo, Moss, Pentre Broughton, Bersham, Coed Poeth, Talwrn, Adwyrclawdd areas between Wrexham and Ruabon.