Author Topic: Microsoft Edge- what have I done?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Edge- what have I done?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 December 17 17:41 GMT (UK) »
I'm getting "waiting for response" on a site I used during last 2 days. Hadn't noticed it before.
There's also a minor change in the method of adding & naming new folders for my Favourites list. I added something today, not realising the alteration, then had to delete the new folder + contents before adding it again the correct way.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jwynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Edge- what have I done?
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 January 18 10:37 GMT (UK) »
This is a problem that many users of Windows 10 Microsoft Edge browser have been experiencing since a recent Windows Update.
I've seen this problem on many family history web sites (Deceased Online, FreeBMD, GRO Online Index, PRONI Wills, etc.), and it's a real pain to keep having to use the F5 button and resubmit the page request dozens (if not hundreds) of times a day, when you're doing these searches.
If you were to complain and submit information to the Microsoft Answers (on their Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10) problem solving forum, it may spur them to put a bit more effort into this.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/edge_other-edge_win10/i-have-just-started-having-a-problem-with-edge-and/d8b7070a-9aae-437d-a028-8923a3df211d?messageId=6842b7bb-f347-4053-a44d-ac791549bc9c
Once you've complained, I'd switch to Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox browsers, which don't have this problem.
Wynn & Wynne, in the Rhosllanerchrugog, Ponciau, Aberderfyn, Brymbo, Moss, Pentre Broughton, Bersham, Coed Poeth, Talwrn, Adwyrclawdd areas between Wrexham and Ruabon.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.