Author Topic: Evans family of Limerick..  (Read 2526 times)

Offline gina_l

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Evans family of Limerick..
« on: Tuesday 12 December 17 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello! I have been looking for any information of the ancestors of my direct ancestor Henry Evans, Henry Evans died in 1810 in Madras and left his nephew George de Lacy Evans to care for his children.(His children were Henry Evans and Anna Maria who married Richard Quin Sleeman)

What I know is that Henry Evans had a brother named John who married Mary Anne Lacy and they had 3 sons: George de lacy Evans, John Evans and Richard Lacy Evans and also a daughter named Elizabeth who m. John O'Leary.

I've felt Ive gone through every record out there but I'm not getting anywhere!

In 'The irish landed gentry when Cromwell came to Ireland' by John O'Hart there is a page about the 'De lacy evans pedigree' but I have not gotten anywhere trying to use that as a guide for my research.

The other tricky part is that another Evans family in Limerick was The Lord Carberry's and they have similar names to my ancestors, but these are not the people I am looking for.

Henry Evans who died in Madras left over £3,000 which tells me they must have been quite well to do back in Ireland.

This is the quickest I could sum it up, but like I said I have gone through what feels like every record related to Ireland, with the Evans name and its almost as if these people are just gone.

If anybody has any advice/help I will be so grateful.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Evans family of Limerick..
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 December 17 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gina & welcome to Rootschat.  Have you checked www.irishgenealogy.ie Civil Records several entries for name Evans & you may be able to tie in with your family records both Limerick City & County . :)

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Evans family of Limerick..
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 December 17 15:52 GMT (UK) »
he is mentioned on find my past with copy of his will

http://www.findmypast.co.uk