Author Topic: Edwin James Aldred, merchant marine, pls help restore & date?  (Read 762 times)

Offline MartynS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin James Aldred, merchant marine, pls help restore & date?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 December 17 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Another late colour version. Selective colouring, spot clean, adjust brightness etc etc.
Restorers : Please do not use my restorations without asking my permission first. Thanks.

Good quality size scans will mean much better restores >> hint hint :-)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin James Aldred, merchant marine, pls help restore & date?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 December 17 09:49 GMT (UK) »
..and a belated thank you to Japeflakes and MartynS. I appreciate both of these restores. Both are different. Thank you for the attention to detail, Japeflakes and Martyn for your interesting restore. Yet new dimensions to my handsome grandfather. The colour one adds a sense of mystery to him. Thanks again!  :) :) Deb
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.