Author Topic: Jeanie Mc Nair McMillan married Evan Richards 26th Dec 1912 Anderston,Glasgow  (Read 2004 times)

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying to find out more about Jeanie. I may have asked this question here some years ago but my memory is not what it should be. Jeanie married a Welsh minister ( I have the cert from Scotlands People)  and moved to  Lydney, Gloucestershire where Evan had his parish.
After banns  at United Free Church of Scotland. A Thomas Mc Millan was a witness.
Her parents are listed as Alexander McMillan (Deceased) Marine Engineer.
and Margaret McMillan nee Maule (Deceased)
Sadly Jeanie died in the flu epedemic of late 1918 she was 31 years old
I have put Jeanie on a tree on a subscription site  and require help from Scotland.
If you can help and will I will be very grateful for any assistance
Thanks in advance

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanie Mc Nair McMillan married Evan Richards 26th Dec 1912 Anderston,Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 December 17 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Previous thread for information
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=703101.msg5460734#msg5460734

Margaret Maule or McMillan died in 1909 in Anderston, Glasgow age 52 ( from Index on Scotlandspeople). You can view her death certificate for a small sum. There are possible census entries in 1901 and 1891 which show Jeanie living with her mother and brother Thomas at 145 Main Street, Anderston. Margaret appears to be widowed by 1891 suggesting Alexander died between 1887,when Jeanie was born, and 1891. In 1881 Margaret is listed with her husband Alexander, a Marine Engineer who was born c 1853 in Rothesay, Bute. Her mother Ann Maule and a couple of her Maule siblings are also in the household. There are also a couple of children belonging to Alexander and Margaret (i.e. Older siblings of Jeanie).
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanie Mc Nair McMillan married Evan Richards 26th Dec 1912 Anderston,Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 December 17 09:40 GMT (UK) »
There's a birth for a Jeanie McNair McMillan 1887 Anderston Lanark on SP.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 December 17 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Isobel and ev for your help.
It is very kind of you to do so. I am very grateful.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 December 17 10:21 GMT (UK) »
The Gloucester Citizen, 11 July 1912, in reporting Evan Richards' appointment to Lydney stated
"..... Mr Richards was educated at Glasgow and had a very successful career ....."

Gloucester Journal 11 Jan 1912
"When about a year ago the Rev Evan Richards, a South Wales minister, settled down as pastor of the growing Baptist cause at Lydney there was an understanding that in due course he was going to be married. The event came off in the Christmas holidays, and on the return to Lydney of the happy couple, a very flattering welcome awaited them. There was a meeting of the members of the church and congregation, Mr T E Powell (senior deacon) presiding. Mrs Richards received a very warm welcome. The chairman asked Mr and Mrs Richards' acceptance of a roll top desk from members of the church and congregation., and said they all wished them every happiness. Mr Richards made suitable reply"

(In 1922 Evan moved to Maesteg, South Wales)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 December 17 10:27 GMT (UK) »
There's a report in the Gloucester Journal 21 Dec 1918 of Mrs Richards' death and funeral.

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 December 17 12:10 GMT (UK) »
I can always rely on you . Diolch unwaith  eto

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 December 17 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Croeso a Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.