Author Topic: Germany, Bavaria - Johan Carl Friedrich Betz  (Read 399 times)

Offline Terryg1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Germany, Bavaria - Johan Carl Friedrich Betz
« on: Thursday 14 December 17 23:21 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather, Johan Carl Friedrich Betz, was born in Nordlingen, Bavaria, Germany 8 Sept 1871.  He died in the U.S. in 1939.  From his birth certificate, I have his parents as Johan Leonard Betz &  Friedrike Heinrichmayer Betz.  I would love to get back further in the family tree, but have come up empty.  All suggestions welcome.   :-\

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
Re: Germany, Bavaria - Johan Carl Friedrich Betz
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Terry,

there is quite a bit of Nördlingen on familysearch. Unfortunately it's all well before the time you are looking at. The other problem is, there are no indexes. 
There is a book of yearly summary of births, death and marriages from the main protestant church in Nördlingen, printed. All, but the births have names given. So I checked from Johann Carl's birth back to find a marriage. 6.10.1868 Johann Petz, Hilfsbahnwärter (Assistant Signal Man) and Friederike Heinrichmeyer, getraut auswärts. Marriage was out of town.

The 1896 Address book has Betz Alois, Drehersgasse D 302.

There are family pages, but nothing for Betz/Petz.

I don't know which  papers are stored at the parish (St. Georg)

Regards Peonie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.