Author Topic: My Heritage Dna results  (Read 1557 times)

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Heritage Dna results
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 December 17 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Would your relative consider transferring to FamilyTreeDNA?  Apparently there's no actual downloading needed for a transfer from MyHeritage to FtDNA - you just fill in some details and it does it all for you.  They'll have so many more matches than at MyHeritage.   

I asked a cousin to do it one morning and by lunchtime I could see him.  Then I added his mother and him to the tree and linked him, and soon afterwards there were many blue paternal matches.  He hasn't added a tree yet so isn't using this feature, but if he did the same matches would be red maternal ones for him.  I didn't think it was much of a feature when it first came out because at that stage the only close relatives who had tested were maternal AND paternal matches to the kits I was managing but now I'm finding it useful. 

They'd have to pay to unlock the chromosome browser, but you'll be able to see the shared chromosomes anyway.

Ideally you'd like them at FtDNA and Gedmatch. 

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: My Heritage Dna results
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 December 17 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Hurworth, that seems like a good suggestion as it would appear not to be too involved for us oldies. I had contacted My Heritage about not being able to see segment matches but have only received this reply today which gives me my answer as to why I could not find the appropriate page. !! --------

"Thank you for contacting us, my apologies for the delay in response.

At the moment it's not possible to see this information, but we will soon offer the option to see which segments you share with your DNA match. "

So fingers crossed I should get there one way or another !