Author Topic: My Heritage Dna results  (Read 1564 times)

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
My Heritage Dna results
« on: Saturday 16 December 17 11:08 GMT (UK) »
I tested with familytreedna but recently uploaded my results to My Heritage as a known relative had tested with them and I thought I could compare on which chromosomes we match etc, but I cannot find anywhere on the My Heritage site to do this. Perhaps it is just my dotage, but I would appreciate any help.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: My Heritage Dna results
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 December 17 12:36 GMT (UK) »
I'm not familiar with the MyHeritage website, but I know if you both upload to gedmatch.com there is a facility to do this.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 December 17 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for your reply, I am on Gedmatch but cannot persuade my known 1st Cousin 1R to do the same. I am somewhat disappointed with My Heritage if you cannot compare matching chromosomes  and segments etc, as they are a sister site to FTDNA.

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 December 17 13:01 GMT (UK) »
I am a member of My Heritage and you scroll down any page to the lists at the very bottom of the page in the shaded area. There is a section on DNA and on the list is Upload DNA data. Reading the info it seems to be what you want.

:)
GEDmatch M157477

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 December 17 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Again thanks for your help, but I have uploaded my raw data to My Heritage and it has given me my ethnicity and matches, but nowhere can I find anything similar to FMTDNA or Gedmatch results which show the actual chromosomes and segments that match between myself and possible matches.

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 December 17 14:23 GMT (UK) »
1st - 3rd cousin once removed?
DNA Match quality?
1.7% (123.4‎ cM)
Shared DNA
Shared segments
25.6‎ cM
Largest segment

This is what info you get on My Heritage, this is my closest relative on there. I then can check on his tree for our link - it's my father's maternal line.
GEDmatch M157477

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 December 17 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Medpat that is all I get, but it really does help to be able to see the matching segments, because if several matches show the same segments as myself and this known 1st Cousin 1R then they will be on my father's side as our common ancestors are my paternal gt grandparents. I may have lots of other matches that will show different matching segments which might indicate that they are from my mother's side. It is all very difficult !

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 December 17 14:46 GMT (UK) »
I'm also on GEDmatch and 23andMe, all are different.  Unless you convince your cousin to go to GEDmatch I don't know what else you can do.
GEDmatch M157477

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 17 December 17 15:32 GMT (UK) »
I could not believe that was all the information My Heritage gave for your money and thought I was having one of my senior moment turns as I could not find the breakdown of segments etc. I am glad I did not test on My Heritage, I would have been well displeased. I will have to get the thumb screws out for my cousin !! Thanks again.