Author Topic: Little Silver near Cadeleigh  (Read 431 times)

Offline keithj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Little Silver near Cadeleigh
« on: Sunday 17 December 17 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Greetings,
Just north of Cadeleigh in Devon is the small hamlet of Little Silver. In that hamlet was a Congregational Chapel which was built about 1840 by the local landholder Hugh Roberts. It is now a private house.

It has a small graveyard attached which still exists.

I'm trying to find the baptisms/marriages/burials for that chapel. I have sent emails to the South West Heritage Trust and to the National Archives.

Thanks to all, Keith Jeffery

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Little Silver near Cadeleigh
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 January 18 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith.
No real help I fear but....

Do you know about GENUKI? 
You can dig down starting on the Devon page, or I searched just "Little Silver" and got references here:
http://www.genuki.org.uk/search/site/Little%20Silver

Familysearch IGI may also be worth searching.

Good luck.

Rowse in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.