Author Topic: THOMAS READ AND WIFE ELIZABETH ? BETHNAL GREEN  (Read 10828 times)

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: THOMAS READ AND WIFE ELIZABETH ? BETHNAL GREEN
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Lesley,

The RootsChat private messaging (PM) system works much like email does, allowing you send and receive messages to other users, including replying to messages. There are various ways to access it but the simplest way to send a message to a specific user is via that user's profile page...

1. Click the user's username (mine's on the left of this post) to open the user's profile page
2. Click the Send PM link (on the left of profile page)
3. Enter a subject and message
4. Click the Send Message button

You can view your sent and received messages by clicking the My Messages link at the top of every page.

Just to make it easier, I'll send you a PM which you can reply to.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline bardolino60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Monday 08 October 18 17:31 BST (UK) »
I have just discovered your messages to lahpun in January about Thomas Read and his wife Elizabeth.  This couple are my 3 x great grandparents and I have never been able to decide definitely who Elizabeth was, only that she was born in 1791.  Censuses give her place of birth as St Lukes, but I have not been able to find a baptism of any Elizabeth there in 1791 who married a Thomas Read.  I am descended from their son Thomas's daughter, Emily Frances Read - and you are correct in saying that he did not marry her mother Elizabeth Caroline Newman, who at the time of Emily's birth, was married to Friedrich Heyn.  I am not sure what your connection with this family is, or whether it is lahpun who is possibly a distant relative of mine.  But I'd be interested in your comments!

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Monday 08 October 18 18:35 BST (UK) »
Hi bardolino60,

lahpun (Lesley) would be the one who's a distant relative of yours. Myself and others on this thread were merely trying to help answer lahpun's question as to who Elizabeth was. Unfortunately, like you, despite our best efforts we couldn't determine who Elizabeth was either.

PS: Welcome to RootsChat
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline bardolino60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Monday 08 October 18 20:09 BST (UK) »
Lesley, I have just been reading the emails that passed between you and cuffie81, having today joined Rootsweb, though I have been a keen family historian for many years.  It would seem that we are distant cousins, both descended from Thomas and Elizabeth Read, you from their son Charles who emigrated to Australia, and me from their eldest son Thomas.  My mother was told that two brothers went to Australia, Charles and George, and that they became carpet factors.  I think, however, that she was misinformed and only Charles went.  It is great to learn that there are descendants in Australia.
Veronica.

Offline bardolino60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Monday 08 October 18 20:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you, cuffie81, for your speedy response.  I joined Rootsweb only today and have followed your suggestion and tried to contact Lesley, who must indeed be a distant cousin as we are both descended from Thomas and Elizabeth Reed of Bethnal Green.  Seems Elizabeth's origins will have to continue to remain elusive. 
Veronica